F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT Evo Retrofitted in 335 F30
Extreme Powerhouse

02-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M Comp

Garage List
NBT Evo Retrofitted in 335 F30

So I purchased a NBT Evo retrofit from bimmertech and just got the last bit of everything installed and finished my coding session yesterday evening. Everything is working great, the new navigation with the latest maps are freaking amazing. Install was time consuming, but all in all it wasn't bad. I will update this thread with some pics, I didn't get many during the actual install because I was trying to get everything done as quick as I can. I did most of the work in one evening, probably like 3.5 hours. I did have to go back the next day and work out a few issues that were resolved.

So the point of this post is mostly surrounding coding. I emailed after the fact asking what if anything I would notice differently and asked details of the coding, of which they expressed they can't say the details. Mostly that the coding was to make sure everything was installed properly. My existing coding was overwritten, so I'll have to go through and do that again, or indicate what I had done and they said I could do another coding session. The technician did add back the Sport+ when I mentioned it wasn't there, so that was cool.

My question, now that my car mostly has a NBT EVO what if anything will I notice if I connect to my car and can code anything? Should I treat any coding (which I may not even need to do) as if I have a NBT Evo now or still the CIC? I did get updates to the HUD and the exit ramps etc. It's so much better than the CIC experience I had. Like literally they're so much better!

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

What year vehicle do you have?

If for some reason the vehicle has to be reprogrammed as advised by BMW AG while serviced by the dealer, the equipment will not match the as-delivered state. The reprogramming process may not complete successfully.

It's not a big problem as reprogramming bulletins are rare.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 07:01 PM   #3
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
What year vehicle do you have?

If for some reason the vehicle has to be reprogrammed as advised by BMW AG while serviced by the dealer, the equipment will not match the as-delivered state. The reprogramming process may not complete successfully.

It's not a big problem as reprogramming bulletins are rare.
It's a 2012. My warranty is gone so I don't care I just pay for things if I have to have the dealer do it, which is rare. I did my VCG last weekend instead of having the dealer do it for $1900.00. I remember just browsing the coding forum thinking about things I wish I could do but had the old CIC so I'll have to go back through and see if I can even remember those things. I remember KOMBI but honestly I don't know what that is lmao

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 02:09 AM   #4
Dtwok335
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3F80-Frozenblack-metallic

Where did you get your fscs from?
Appreciate 0