F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > SOS Calling 911
ARMA SPEED

01-18-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
onidm69
Dynamite
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i

SOS Calling 911

Does anyone know what is the best software/tool that can code out the SOS feature? My car dials 911 about 10 seconds after I unlock it. I searched the forums but could never find a definitive answer/solution. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
track day hero
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

I am having the same problem. did you ever get this resolved?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by track day hero View Post
I am having the same problem. did you ever get this resolved?
bimmercode app and obd2 dongle should allow you to do this, it may not be on the main page of coding, but within their expert mode you can do just about anything. I would send an e-mail to the guys at bimmercode just to confirm this.
      04-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
track day hero
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Problem finally solved. It was a shorted wire under drivers seat. a leaking door seal was allowing water to get in when it rained. and there was a good amount of water under the seat but totally dry where your feet go. repaired wire,dried out car, fixed door seal, good to go. I tried several times to shut off sos with bimmer code but was unsuccessful. I am glad I fixed the real problem instead of covering it up. I would not have known about the water leak.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
BornATeste
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Sportline Black RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by track day hero View Post
Problem finally solved. It was a shorted wire under drivers seat. a leaking door seal was allowing water to get in when it rained. and there was a good amount of water under the seat but totally dry where your feet go. repaired wire,dried out car, fixed door seal, good to go. I tried several times to shut off sos with bimmer code but was unsuccessful. I am glad I fixed the real problem instead of covering it up. I would not have known about the water leak.
Which f30 do you have and how did you find the shirt under your seat?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #6
mt_snyder
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornATeste View Post
Which f30 do you have and how did you find the shirt under your seat?
Yes! More details please. I'm having the same issue and this is the first post I've seen where someone else had this issue. Ever so randomly, my car will auto activate the SOS system after I get in the car. I don't have the SOS Malfunction light on my dash. I've never had it stuck in a loop and when it calls I have to tell the 911 operator there is no emergency.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 07:58 PM   #7
Art335
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive

For anyone else with this issue...

Following up on this for anyone who stumbles across it with a similar issue. I pulled out the front seats and pulled up the carpet. Even though I'd fixed my original sunroof drain issue and dried everything out to the touch, the foam under the carpets was still soaking wet, and the 4-pin connector (drivers side, obvious, and right next to the wiring harness under and in front of the driver's seat) was corroded. I dried everything out, disconnected, and cleaned the connector with an electrical contact cleaner. Put everything back together, and no more issues. Photos attached below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0