E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Mosfet keeps going bad!

12-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
MarkN54
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335xi 2008

Mosfet keeps going bad!

So I’ve been stuck with this misfire for almost 3 months, before all these misfires, I did a valve cover job, after valve cover job I got really bad misfires, I read the codes and got a 30ba code and serval other misfires, looked to see on the forums if any one had this problem and there were so many threads about this problem, short story is I replaced the mosfets all 6, car ran fine, I had to do the valve cover again, bc there was a leak in the front of the motor and I was thinking maybe I didn’t seat the gasket right, after getting this done again, boom same codes same mosfet blew... got the mosfet fixed changed coils and injectors to index 12s and codes with inpa, started it up and right away mosfet 1 blew again... I got the mosfet replaced again and same story. I’m stuck I hope I don’t need a new dme, it’s probably something so stupid and simple but I can’t figure this out.

No tune, completely stock car with 159k
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Not a stereo board problem.
Appreciate 0