E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone have to re-address their heater flap motors for no good reason?

12-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
blueloco
Private
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Anyone have to re-address their heater flap motors for no good reason?

About a month ago I noticed my car stopped blowing air out of anything but the defrost vents. Finally got around to checking out the flap stepper motors and all were running but I don't think the right ones were actuating. Defrost and fresh/recirculate were working but turning off defrost just seemed to deadhead the blower and resulted in hardly any air coming from any of the other vents.

Got into INPA and to the IHKA panel. After a bit of messing around I ran the "re-address" function on their LIN network and the what looks to be a calibration function.

Air comes out from where it is supposed to now, so it is 'fixed' I suppose. Anyone ever have to do this before? I guess it is possible someone replaced one of the motors and didn't run the addressing function but I have had the car for a while and can't believe I didn't notice this before. It really seems like they just lost their addressing.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
Damn these cars are a pain in the ass...
Appreciate 0