E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New to the site and help needed please.

12-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
Tosh wilson
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3-Series m sport coupe

New to the site and help needed please.

Hi guys, I’ve had a scan though old messages in here but can’t find what I’m looking for. So hopefully you can help me out.
I have a 2008 3 series m sport 320i.
Just yesterday I was about 60 miles away from home when all of a sudden the abs started kicking in when I put the gas on. Like I was skidding on ice. I was going about 60mph at this point too. I eased off but then all of a sudden kicked in again. It then continued to do this for the rest of my journey. Then all of a sudden the low pressure tyre sign pops up too. The tyres had enough air in so can’t be anything to do with that. I let the car cool down and was fine for 10 min yes then it started all over again. It got to a point where the abs kicked in so much it was undriveable.
Any ideas on what this could be?
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh wilson View Post
Hi guys, I’ve had a scan though old messages in here but can’t find what I’m looking for. So hopefully you can help me out.
I have a 2008 3 series m sport 320i.
Just yesterday I was about 60 miles away from home when all of a sudden the abs started kicking in when I put the gas on. Like I was skidding on ice. I was going about 60mph at this point too. I eased off but then all of a sudden kicked in again. It then continued to do this for the rest of my journey. Then all of a sudden the low pressure tyre sign pops up too. The tyres had enough air in so can’t be anything to do with that. I let the car cool down and was fine for 10 min yes then it started all over again. It got to a point where the abs kicked in so much it was undriveable.
Any ideas on what this could be?
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Are you sure it's the braking system and not drivetrain-related? It sounds more likely that it's something with the engine or transmission than the brakes. Though it may FEEL like the car is braking, there's almost no way the brakes would engage all by themselves. Are you getting any warning lights or codes?

Also, with a 2008, you're in the wrong forum. Try posting in the E90 section.
      12-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
Tosh wilson
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers for your help there. New to the site so thought this was the eighth place for it. Thinking it might be an idea to get it plugged in and find out what’s going on.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

This is the wrong post:
Correct Post is: https://www.e90post.com/forums/index.php?
Same login should work.

Try this possible solution:
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Tosh wilson
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers for your help guys and pointing me in the right direction will head over to the correct page now too.
Appreciate 0