E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 320D Pre-face lift fan staying on

10-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
SteveD999
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d

E90 320D Pre-face lift fan staying on

Good evening experts, I am confused about an issue and after searching through what feels like hundreds of posts I thought I’d post and kindly ask for your collective help.

My car is a UK 09 plate but appears to be pre-face lift. The fan suddenly came on the other day when starting the car from cold and stayed on for a good hour or so after a short journey had ended. I searched the forum and found people had said it must be the electric water pump. I typed the registration number into Euro Car Parts and it only listed a manual pump which I thought was strange. I have a basic OBD scanner and read the fault codes but none stored. I then tried the water pump bleed process and it did nothing. I was pretty sure it was the water pump or a fuse/wiring fault, I read that the fuse was in the DME box with the ECU so I checked for it and there is no fuse in the box as shown in pictures on other threads. I went to Halfords to buy a Haynes manual and found a manual for 2005- September 2008 but my car is a March 2009, the picture of the car on manual showed my grille and wing mirrors and the picture of car on the 2009 manual was different, I assume that my car is MY2008 that was in stock at a dealer and registered 2009. I purchased the Haynes manual for the earlier E90 and it states that the water pump for the 320d is not electrical!

Is the water pump on my car electric? If not what else could be causing the fan to stay on? I left the car running on the drive for half an hour earlier and it didn’t overheat.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0