BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

06-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
MagicMtnDan
E92 wiithout iDrive (excellent)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Silverstone/blk

Don't wait to get your 1st service done

I never got a service indicator or any other notification that my E92 needed service. So, I brought it in with 1344 miles on it. I wish I brought it in at 1200 miles so it would've been done sooner. My Service Advisor said the car doesn't notify you but that's not what I've read around here.

The car shifts so much more smoothly (6 speed) that it feels like a completely different car. The first-to-second clunk is gone and the transition between gears is how it should be.

My service advisor (very good guy at Valencia BMW, Mark David) explained to me before I had it done to expect this and he was right.

I still haven't explored redline territory but I'm getting closer (it was 114 degrees on Saturday and 102 yesterday so the pool was the preferred location).

I love this car even more now!

2008 E92 M3 Silverstone II
2006 MB G500 Gelandewagen Irridium Silver
2006 MB SL500 Irridium Silver (wife's)
Appreciate 0