m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Xpel clear bra, full or partial

I will be putting xpel on as soon as I take delivery. But debating between full or partial as far as the front end goes. Any suggestions?

This will be my daily car, and there are constructions all over town for next 4 to 5 years.
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00
      06-30-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
I might do full car, only if I decide to get it in BSM. Otherwise, I will just do full front only.

Oops just saw you are asking something different Get full front for sure. I have partial hood and fenders along with full bumper and headlights on my M4 since it's a lease but I much prefer the full front not only it provides more protection but also I don't like the line on the hood with partial clear bra so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
jdub486
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C dct/ e90 335d dd

Full is the way to go. Much cleaner looking, and you won’t get dirt build up around the edges. I’ve had both. With a partial you will inevitably get stone chips where there is no clear bra. Clear bra installers vary greatly in terms of skill. Do your research and look at completed cars.
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910903.50
      06-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #4
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

I'd go full front and add door edges, side mirrors and top of rear bumper.
Appreciate 3
CSBM52695.50
Miata1385.50
      06-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
I should call and see if they have a date for the availability of a M2C kit. They haven't seen a M2C yet.
      06-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Full front.

Suntek PPF Ultra over Xpel.
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
      06-30-2018, 05:06 PM   #7
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Full front.

This. Almost all the installers I talked to in Bay Area two years ago when I was browsing said "we can do both Xpel or Suntek for the same price so it's totally up to you but we have seen 'yellowing' issues with Xpel". My partial clear bra is Suntek Ultra and I'm quite happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #8
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Full front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
This. Almost all the installers I talked to in Bay Area two years ago when I was browsing said "we can do both Xpel or Suntek for the same price so it's totally up to you but we have seen 'yellowing' issues with Xpel". My partial clear bra is Suntek Ultra and I'm quite happy with it.
Went with full Suntek too, love the gloss/shine, very transparent. Highly recommended by the top installer here.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #9
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
I will be putting xpel on as soon as I take delivery. But debating between full or partial as far as the front end goes. Any suggestions?

This will be my daily car, and there are constructions all over town for next 4 to 5 years.
Do full front or nothing. Partial is an eye sore that costs you money.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #10
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:

Do full front or nothing. Partial is an eye sore that costs you money.
My plan is front bumper, head lights, full fenders, and hood, mirrors and lower door edges all the way to rear wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Full car...since having it on the 1M I never have to worry about where to park the car or where to take my car for a wash anymore

Looking at some of the scars on the PPF I know it had saved the paint numerous times
Appreciate 1
DARKMTTR229.00
      07-01-2018, 12:03 AM   #12
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

I just got full Suntek Ultra on my LCI. Feels good knowing the entire car is protected from chips and scratches.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:40 AM   #13
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Should get ceramic coating done as well.
      07-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #14
twintiga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

My understanding is that xpel just released xpel ultimate plus which rivals the clarity of suntek ultra but still retains the thickness and protection of the xpel

Can’t go wrong with either. Agree that most important is the installer.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #15
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintiga View Post
My understanding is that xpel just released xpel ultimate plus which rivals the clarity of suntek ultra but still retains the thickness and protection of the xpel

Can’t go wrong with either. Agree that most important is the installer.
The actual XPEL film isn't any thicker than Suntek. It is XPEL's adhesive that is thicker.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
bjorn///M
Private
Philippines
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Where did u get yours and how much do they charge?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #17
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorny View Post
Quote:
Where did u get yours and how much do they charge?
Check out this guy:

https://www.instagram.com/josh_king_of_clearbra

He's not only an installer but also a trainer too. He does top notch job and I have seen him wrap all sorts of cars (as you can verify from his IG account). When I got mine he used to work with Supreme Detailworks but I guess he's using SonicMS garage space. My partial wrap included half hood, half front fenders, mirror caps, headlights, full bumper and I think I paid around $750 but it was 2 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #18
Jcon157
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3

Garage List
'18 M2  [0.00]
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [10.00]
Quote:

I've done many cars with just partial front for the cost savings but moving forward I will only do full front. With the partial, it's inevitable the exposed edges will pick up dirt and look like sh*t. I have a '15 MW M235 and a '16 AW X3. Both will be redone with full front because once that line running across the hood/fenders collects a little dirt, it becomes very noticeable and drives me nuts . I decided the additional cost to do the full front is warranted for my sanity.

My M2 arrived at the dealer Friday and will go through PDI and accessory install next week. The week after it's getting enclosed transport to receive any required paint correction, a full body wrap (minus the roof), followed by an IGL Kenzo coating. If I get brave enough I might try out the RKP CF roof panel so I'm not wrapping the roof. BSM is sexy as hell but if you breath on it it leaves scratches so doing the full car was the only option for me and my peace of mind.

As others have recommended, the SunTek Ultra is an excellent film. SunTek Ultra and LLumar Platinum are both the same product/film sold under Eastman Chemicals, so if you want to go that route, either are a good choice. It was mentioned already that XPEL recently released a new film called XPEL Ultimate Plus. It's only been out for a couple months so there are limited reviews on it but that's the product I chose to go with. Films like SunTek and LLumar offer hydrophobic properties and are a little thinner, while the XPEL and 3M Pro do not and are a little thicker (even if it's just the adhesive adding to the thickness). The hydrophobic benefits become a mute point if you're going to give the car a coating anyway.

My belief is you can't go wrong with any of these films. The MOST important factor here is the skill and experience of the installer doing the work! I did extensive research and the installer I felt most comfortable with has done multiple cars with the XPEL Ultimate Plus, he absolutely loves it, and feels he can do his best work with that film (He's also a SunTek Ultra and 3M Pro authorized installer and offered to do either of those films at the same cost if I so chose). This is a costly investment and I want the installer to use the film he's most comfortable with so I can acquire the best results on my M2! Perhaps the installer you feel comfortable with prefers to use one of the other premium films discussed here. If that's the case I'd recommend you go with whatever they feel they do their best work with as well.

You didn't mention coatings so that might not interest you. I'll just say I discovered more varied opinions on this subject than PPF. The big players for professional coatings are Modesta, IGL Kenzo, CQuartz Finest, Opti-Coat Pro, GTechniq Crystal, and Ceramic Pro. Again, the deciding factor here for me was seeing the product in action and finding an installer that was qualified and competent. Pricing and warranty's are all over the place with these.

*I am in no way an expert on any of these things but just merely sharing the results of my consumer research in an effort to help others
Appreciate 3
KevinM2931.00
mtoosexy723.00
      07-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #19
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Say Yes to PPF

Quote:

Congrats on the new M2! We appreciate you choosing XPEL to protect it. When deciding on coverage, you'll want to think about how you're going to use the car, and what color it is. Some colors like silver or grey hide the line pretty well where it's basically unnoticeable. But colors like white, or dark colors will be much more obvious when it comes to the partial hood line. If you put a partial hood on a dark colored car then you'll have half a hood that's glass like (where the film is) and then the other half that's got swirl marks and scratches. Just something to consider. When it comes to how it's used, will you be tracking the car? Going on rallies? Or doing a lot of highway driving? If yes to any of those, then you'll want to protect the high impact areas. If it's just a weekend around town and car show car, then you could probably get away with less coverage.

The most popular coverage for an M2, or any M car for that matter is do to the full front end and rocker panel coverage. As the M is wider, rocks get thrown up onto the sides easily from the front tires so it's highly advised to protect these areas.

As others have mentioned, we did just release a new film called ULTIMATE PLUS. It's the industries clearest film, all with the same durability and stain resistance you've come to know and love over the years. Our 10 Year Warranty covers yellowing, staining, hazing, peeling, delaminating, bubbling, cracking, and more. If these things ever happen, go to an XPEL Certified Installer and we'll replace it for FREE. Check out the video to see the tests we put the film through.

XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS Video

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any other questions for you.
Appreciate 2
mtoosexy723.00
Miata1385.50
      07-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #20
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

XPEL,
Any idea when coverage options for the M2 Competition will be available? Been checking your website weekly for updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #21
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

XPEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
XPEL,
Any idea when coverage options for the M2 Competition will be available? Been checking your website weekly for updates.
Tag,

Great question, let me chat with our Design manager and get back to you ASAP. What year is the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #22
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Tag,

Great question, let me chat with our Design manager and get back to you ASAP. What year is the car?
Appreciate 0