F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My car is falling apart today
Studio RSR

06-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
Mr NSB
Captain
Rep
Drives: 420d M-Sport

My car is falling apart today

During the last week or so I have noticed a knocking noise from the osf of the car when manoeuvring slowly or on puling away and stopping in traffic, today it has got much worse.

Also this morning on start up I had a no parking assistance warning come up and today is one of the few times I could have used the park assist function and it doesn't work

And finally I came home this afternoon for a few minutes and when I restarted the car it came up with a driving stabilisation message or something similar. I didn't get to read the message as my phone rang and it disappeared.

In the Check Control menu it shows no faults. A trip to the dealer tomorrow me thinks.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr NSB View Post
During the last week or so I have noticed a knocking noise from the osf of the car when manoeuvring slowly or on puling away and stopping in traffic, today it has got much worse.

Also this morning on start up I had a no parking assistance warning come up and today is one of the few times I could have used the park assist function and it doesn't work

And finally I came home this afternoon for a few minutes and when I restarted the car it came up with a driving stabilisation message or something similar. I didn't get to read the message as my phone rang and it disappeared.

In the Check Control menu it shows no faults. A trip to the dealer tomorrow me thinks.
Blame the hot weather!

Hopefully dealer will be able to see what's what and what's not.

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Always worth taking a photo of these messages when possible. While the car should have a record of faults, it's good to have evidence to show the Service dept when booking in.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 05:25 AM   #4
Mr NSB
Captain
Rep
Drives: 420d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Blame the hot weather!

Hopefully dealer will be able to see what's what and what's not.
You're not wrong. Knocking is not present this morning so maybe it is the hot weather.

Steering sensor required re-calibrating apparently and this should sort the Driving Stabilisation and Park Assist.
Appreciate 0