BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > LCI dash stopped working

06-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

LCI dash stopped working

I got a call about 2 weeks ago from my dealer to book my car in for a recall on the dash.

A few days later my dash died completely. It's due to be fixed this week. Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yep I got the letter about a month into ownership (Dec) and never got it done cuz I am coded and tuned. Well about a month ago at 5600 miles I went to the garage to start the car and all was fine but no dash. I removed the battery cable and reset everything and all is back to normal....for now. I will hold off till my 10k service when I flash back to stock and lock the DME
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2018, 03:04 AM   #3
mrmjk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
I got a call about 2 weeks ago from my dealer to book my car in for a recall on the dash.

A few days later my dash died completely. It's due to be fixed this week. Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?
I had one of the first LCIs delivered in Europe and I did the 2,000km service even before they announced the recall on the dash. A few months later I drove the car to the dealer for them to change some parts for me and with it they did the fix for the dash too. It's just a recode of the program, no part replacement. Not sure what happens when it dies though, as mine didn't.
Appreciate 0