F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How to fit DM-Autoteile Front Splitter
proTUNING Freaks

06-14-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

How to fit DM-Autoteile Front Splitter

Just received the rep front splitter for the F36 from DM Autoteile on eBay but it seems to have only 6 holes and some of these don't even line up with any existing holes on the bumper!

They've also provided a ton of fixings I'm not sure where to even put.

Anybody have any experience to fitting these and can shed some rough guidelines?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 01:21 AM   #2
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I didn’t fit mine the body shop did but when I fitted my Genuine bmw one on my old car you still had to drill holes. Just follow the oem install guide:

https://1c2a8a2161d644d95009-22d26b3...er_install.pdf
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2018, 03:26 AM   #3
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

You should only need to drill the centre hole not the side ones for the f32, and no adaptor plate comes with it (unlike the f30)

I unclipped (when i say unclipped most were sacrificed in the process!) the lower sides clips and the holes lined up.

I cleaned the top of the front bumper, added extra 3m table to the splitter (to be safe) then stuck the top of the lip to the car.

Then used genuine clips and not the ones supplied to secure the lower sections, (a couple were a few mm out, but a bit of heat and force got them to fit.

Then raised the car, drilled the centre hole and use the nut and bold supplied in the kit to secure that.

Job done! Had to use a hair dryer to get the top to flex a bit to get it as close as possible to the lower grills before taping it down.

Then had to put half a box of plasters on my hands with the cuts/ grazes it caused!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #4
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post
You should only need to drill the centre hole not the side ones for the f32, and no adaptor plate comes with it (unlike the f30)

I unclipped (when i say unclipped most were sacrificed in the process!) the lower sides clips and the holes lined up.

I cleaned the top of the front bumper, added extra 3m table to the splitter (to be safe) then stuck the top of the lip to the car.

Then used genuine clips and not the ones supplied to secure the lower sections, (a couple were a few mm out, but a bit of heat and force got them to fit.

Then raised the car, drilled the centre hole and use the nut and bold supplied in the kit to secure that.

Job done! Had to use a hair dryer to get the top to flex a bit to get it as close as possible to the lower grills before taping it down.

Then had to put half a box of plasters on my hands with the cuts/ grazes it caused!!!

So you just drill straight through the whole bumper for the middle two holes? How do you get behind the grill area to tighten the nuts to the bolts?

Also can you send a picture of where you actually fit the clips as I can't work it out for the life of me!
Appreciate 0