E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Peeling clearbra - anyone had that?

06-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Peeling clearbra - anyone had that?

I got clearbra installed about 10 months ago and everything was pretty good until the edges of the film started to peel off 2-3 months ago. It seems to get worse (although very slowly) and the film cannot be re-attached as it got dust stuck to the inside of the film once it's peeled. Did anyone have that happen? What's the best way to fix it? I would prefer to stop that without complete reinstall, even if it means some minor disadvantage in looks department.

Max

Last edited by MaxL; 06-16-2008 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Max,

If it's a product sold by me and installed by me - I will stand behind the product and resolve the issue. I have a pretty good memory. I remember you calling me but I can't recall installing it on your car.

I just did a quick seach and yes thank goodness my mind serves me correctly.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84787
I would call them and they should be able to resolve the matter.

possible fix:
1. trim the area (depending on how much is pelling off)
2. replace it for you; should be within warranty period.

Raja 703.944.4939
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Sorry for confusion - now I remember - I wanted to go with Raja but went with driven dynamics in the last moment due to scheduling issues. So no, Raja has nothing to do with this.

Anyway, I am not too worried about this. I am just looking for an advice on what can cause something like this, and should I be asking for a reinstall or is something like cutting off the part that peeled (2-3 millimeters along the lower side of the bumber) is a solution.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Sorry for confusion - now I remember - I wanted to go with Raja but went with driven dynamics in the last moment due to scheduling issues. So no, Raja has nothing to do with this.

Anyway, I am not too worried about this. I am just looking for an advice on what can cause something like this, and should I be asking for a reinstall or is something like cutting off the part that peeled (2-3 millimeters along the lower side of the bumber) is a solution.
No worries Max. I would really let them know the situation and allow them to resolve it. How they resolve it will show you the level of commitment to the service and product. This is not a common problem that i see but there can be many factors causing it. Without having to look at it, it's really hard to say. If i were in their shoes, i would definately make sure you are happy with the end results. I am working on the weekdays now :-) If you happen to need any of my service, just hit me up. Allow me to take care of you
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
PocketRocket
I smile because I dont know whats going on :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
I got clearbra installed about 10 months ago and everything was pretty good until the edges of the film started to peel off 2-3 months ago. It seems to get worse (although very slowly) and the film cannot be re-attached as it got dust stuck to the inside of the film once it's peeled. Did anyone have that happen? What's the best way to fix it? I would prefer to stop that without complete reinstall, even if it means some minor disadvantage in looks department.

Max
To prevent edge peeling, use pre-cut templates. Ask Vendor before you commit, look at their work if possible.

If you like to have yours done with a 3M product, I had mine done by Ron of Clearkit. ClearKits unlike others uses a precut template cut for each car so the risk of overlapping and cutting with a razor blade is minimize. Ron is contracted by BMW Dealers in the area.

Im very happy with mine. I'll post the phone no. tommorrow since its at the office.
Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
I wonder if the precut OEMs are available now for the Ms like it is with the regular e90 and 92s ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep

Al,

Yes, there are precut OEMs are available for M3 for quiet some time.
I have excellent coverage for the hood. Coming up to almost 50% of the hood.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
50%

I think the whale hump need protection too dont you think?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...02&postcount=1

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-21-2008 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0