F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Dealers near Charlotte NC
proTUNING Freaks

05-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
jrdoming
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M-Sport

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Dealers near Charlotte NC

Hey guys,
Anyone have dealers they can recommend near Charlotte NC. I've hit my limit with Hendrick auto group and would like to find a better solution even though they seem to have Charlotte locked up. Too many bad experiences.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
What about Leith in Raleigh? Not that far of a drive, and I hear they're good to deal with.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
waccamatt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e M Sport Black Sapphi

I've had a good experience with BMW of Columbia. Columbia is closer to Charlotte than Raleigh.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
jrdoming
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Follow up on this. Purchased a car from Crown BMW in Greensboro and it was a great experience!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
That's a shame about your Hendrick experience. I recently bought my first BMW from them, and they've been nothing but great throughout the process.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #6
waccamatt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e M Sport Black Sapphi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
That's a shame about your Hendrick experience. I recently bought my first BMW from them, and they've been nothing but great throughout the process.
I've found during my car search that it's mostly luck of the draw in who you deal with. I have met a few gems and many more duds this month.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #7
Kerryp
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
I just bought a CPO 15 328i from them. Nothing but great experience.
Guess it's the luck of the salesperson you get.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 02:08 AM   #8
Bdecastro77
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdoming View Post
Hey guys,
Anyone have dealers they can recommend near Charlotte NC. I've hit my limit with Hendrick auto group and would like to find a better solution even though they seem to have Charlotte locked up. Too many bad experiences.

Thanks
I'd like you to share your experiences with us... Who were you dealing with? Etc....
I purchased from them last year and unfortunately my car was totaled... I'm looking at purchasing another vehicle and they are so far willing to give me over 8k in discounts and rebates/loyalty credit towards another vehicle. Mind you, I am a customer of the Independence location.. Which is Also where I go for service. I can't speak on their North lake location.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #9
Gospeedracer
Private
Rep
Drives: Estoril 435i M-Sport

I bought my car from independence and of course the sales experience was great and easy for them to take my money.However I live near the north lake location and the warranty services I have gone there for have been a huge drag!! Tried getting my rear speaker replaced because it's crackling and this was we'll before my warranty ended. They said they tested the system and couldn't find a defect. I insisted that certain songs made the speaker pop and I could easily replicate it consistently. The guy stared at me blank and repeated his statements of the system being tested and no faults being found. I was pissed and just asked for my keys back,took them over and hr to just give me back my car!!! When all they did was test it!??? Was not surprised when I never received an email asking for a review of my experience.

Separate occasion went in for manual transmission fluid to flush my car. Asked the parts guy how many qts a 435i takes and was stunned when he told me straight faced 23 qts. I'm sure he meant 2.3? But I just turned around and walked away that time too. I can't stand that place. I will try the independence location next time before just only ordering online.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 06:18 AM   #10
jrdoming
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I'll share my story:

I went to the North Lake location to look at a 2016 340i that was listed for sale. Things were good at first and the salesman was helpful during the test drive. The car drove great and I decided to try and see what type of deal they would work on it. I had a 2010 335i coupe that I was looking to trade and according to KBB was worth up to 12k on dealer trade for the condition it was in. I expected them to low ball me but they came back and offered me $8K on the vehicle... They explained that there was an open recall on it with no resolution and that because of that the car would have to sit on their lot until BMW released the part to fix it. They stated that I should have been informed about the recall via mail (not sure why I wasn't).

My wife and I left the dealership at that point because the deal was not going to work out financially for us. After getting home I looked up the recall on my car and realized this was the Blower Motor recall that can cause cars to catch on fire in some cases. I talked to BMW NA and they stated that a fix was being released soon and there was no reason my car would be worth less on trade in. I thought about the situation and at this point realized that a dealer for the manufacturer of the vehicle I was attempting to trade in was using a flaw in the vehicle "created" by that manufacturer in order to pay me less for my car. This really didn't sit well with me the more I thought about it.

I spoke to the salesman and expressed my feelings about how the whole situation went down. I informed him that I was no longer interested in purchasing a car from the dealership due to the fact that I felt they were attempting to take advantage of an issue caused by BMW themselves in order to pay me less for my car. In their defense, once it trickled up to management that I was upset they did call and attempt to "make things right". At that point my trust was gone and I was not willing to attempt to work a deal with them.

I started looking at alternatives and found a great car up at Crown BMW in Greensboro. While it is a bit of a drive I will gladly do it again next time. This would have been my 3rd purchase from Hendrick Automotive group and each time there has been something that has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I had previously just grinned and stuck it out because they are the "only game in town" when it comes to BMWs in Charlotte and I just chalked it up to normal car dealer stuff. After purchasing from Crown BMW I can comfortably say that the process does not have to be what I experienced at Hendrick. All negotiation was straight forward over the phone and when we showed up at the dealer there were ZERO surprises.

Last edited by jrdoming; 06-29-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0