F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Racechip tuning box on F30 335d
Extreme Powerhouse

04-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Racechip tuning box on F30 335d

Anyone else have a Racechip box on an F30/F31 335d?

I just bought a used Racechip Pro 2 off eBay and fitted it tonight.

The difference seems to be noticeable but I want to try and up the settings to see what kind of performance gains I can get.

Anyone else have this same setup and if so what settings are you running?

Oh and before anyone says it - yes I know these tuning boxes just fool the car into injecting more fuel etc. mine is a lease car so I need something I can just remove later down the line i.e. not a full remap.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 05:13 AM   #2
Neroht
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F36 430i xdrive LCI 2018

Let the box addapt for 500-2000km then you will feel a big difference
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 04:50 AM   #3
skilby99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d

I've asked questions on here (and other forums) regarding remaps and boxes...never really got much help, i think people are a little cautious on admitting they have a chipped or remapped car...for insurance purposes of course! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilby99 View Post
I've asked questions on here (and other forums) regarding remaps and boxes...never really got much help, i think people are a little cautious on admitting they have a chipped or remapped car...for insurance purposes of course!
More because most (90% + ?) of us are USA/CA, don't get an F3x 335d (or 330d), and because Racechip doesn't market here effectively.

Also, note that Racechip (and many others) aren't certified for USA/CA except for "Off-Road Use", and that generally requires the owner to sign a waiver saying he's going to run it off-road.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroht View Post
Let the box addapt for 500-2000km then you will feel a big difference
Interesting - I didn't know the box had to 'adapt'.

I spoke to Racechip to ask what settings to use for turning it up and they gave me 3 additional tuning 'levels'.

Went to level 2 and then put it back to factory setting as it was a bit bonkers and I was certain the turbos were nosier (might just be me worrying!!)

One thing I have noticed is that from a standing start it doesn't feel as quick - mind you I may have just got used to the power of the 335d now. I have noticed that the gearbox shifts up sooner with the racechip or at least it seems to.

Pull is crazy even in comfort mode - it's definitely transformed the car but in some areas it doesn't feel as good as stock.

Going to stick it out for a bit longer and see
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilby99 View Post
I've asked questions on here (and other forums) regarding remaps and boxes...never really got much help, i think people are a little cautious on admitting they have a chipped or remapped car...for insurance purposes of course! ;-)
Yeah doesn't surprise me! I'd recommend going for it - it's transformed the car - I opted for a chip as opposed to remap as it's much harder to detect ;-)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 04:29 AM   #7
Dexter23
Rep
Drives: 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Interesting - I didn't know the box had to 'adapt'.

I spoke to Racechip to ask what settings to use for turning it up and they gave me 3 additional tuning 'levels'.

Went to level 2 and then put it back to factory setting as it was a bit bonkers and I was certain the turbos were nosier (might just be me worrying!!)

One thing I have noticed is that from a standing start it doesn't feel as quick - mind you I may have just got used to the power of the 335d now. I have noticed that the gearbox shifts up sooner with the racechip or at least it seems to.

Pull is crazy even in comfort mode - it's definitely transformed the car but in some areas it doesn't feel as good as stock.

Going to stick it out for a bit longer and see

My experience with RaceChip was that the company has fantastic marketing, making you want to believe that the product actually does something to the car. I would rev the car up to 4000rpm in a low gear, take my foot of the pedal, then go full throttle, and then, as the (stock!) turbo kicked in, I would talk myself into believing that the car was faster.

The sad reality that I eventually had to face, was that, despite the hype, the product does nothing. This became very apparent when I tried the BMS Stage 1 and JB4.

See my review here:
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...light=racechip
Appreciate 0