F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alarm/folding mirrors help please
GetBMWParts

03-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Alarm/folding mirrors help please

Could anyone who's coded their mirrors to close on lock please try to see if you are able to turn off the alarms interior motion sensors please (straight after locking press the lock button again and the LED on the rear view mirror should light up constantly for a few seconds to confirm it has been done)

Mine doesn't work and I'm wondering if it's due to the coding for the folding mirrors
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 06:09 AM   #2
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Could anyone who's coded their mirrors to close on lock please try to see if you are able to turn off the alarms interior motion sensors please (straight after locking press the lock button again and the LED on the rear view mirror should light up constantly for a few seconds to confirm it has been done)

Mine doesn't work and I'm wondering if it's due to the coding for the folding mirrors
Mine works.

You have 3 seconds to deactivate I think. So I press for 1 seconds, mirrors start to fold, release and press/hold for a second.

Works every time.

Note - I've changed the werte value to 03 so there's a short delay. If you've changed it to 00 there could potentially be an issue.
      03-27-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG_M3CP View Post
Quote:

Mine works.

You have 3 seconds to deactivate I think. So I press for 1 seconds, mirrors start to fold, release and press/hold for a second.

Works every time.

Note - I've changed the werte value to 03 so there's a short delay. If you've changed it to 00 there could potentially be an issue.
Ok thanks, I might try 03

Although I really want the mirrors to fold every time I lock the car
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #4
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine works.

Works every time.

Perhaps just 01 then - unless you have lightening finger reactions I think it would work every time!
      03-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine works.

Works every time.

So code it that they fold when you press lock? I usually deactivate it in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37psi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine works.

Works every time.

So code it that they fold when you press lock? I usually deactivate it in the winter.
It is coded like that but as I say in the first post I think it may be preventing me from turning off the alarm sensors.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #7
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Ok tested mine. If I press lock. Then press lock again the motion sensors are deactivated.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:33 AM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok tested mine. If I press lock. Then press lock again the motion sensors are deactivated.
And have you coded yours to fold the mirrors instantly on locking the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #9
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes instant folding and automatic unfold above 2kph. Works. Had window down. Stuck arm in and waved hand around :
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #10
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes instant folding and automatic unfold above 2kph. Works. Had window down. Stuck arm in and waved hand around :
Ok thanks for trying it. Dunno why mine doesn't work then!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #11
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

37psi does that light flash or are you just presuming its working cos your window is open and you put your hand in?

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
37psi does that light flash or are you just presuming its working cos your window is open and you put your hand in?
Mine was on a few seconds. After that I put my arm in... and looked like an idiot one for the forum!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #13
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
Mine was on a few seconds. After that I put my arm in... and looked like an idiot one for the forum!
Well i'm going to undo all my coding and see if it works then. If not then back to the dealers, again!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #14
M2Andy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01

Mine is coded using bimmercode for the mirrors and the alarm goes off if I leave the dogs in the car so I assume this is as described above in that it’s messed with another setting.
Appreciate 1
teaston10998.00
      03-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #15
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvr80 View Post
Mine is coded using bimmercode for the mirrors and the alarm goes off if I leave the dogs in the car so I assume this is as described above in that it’s messed with another setting.
Even when you double press to deactivate the motion sensors?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #16
M2Andy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Even when you double press to deactivate the motion sensors?
Yes even the double press fails to help (ive been using this method to deactivate the motion sensors for years with dogs in the car)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 12:46 AM   #17
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

This has me curious now. I will test the 320d when it stops raining.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 02:58 AM   #18
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Mine is coded using bimmercode for the mirrors and the alarm goes off if I leave the dogs in the car so I assume this is as described above in that it's messed with another setting.
I've found a workaround, if you set the car to only unlock drivers door then lock the car, then unlock it, then lock the drivers door with the key you now have all doors locked and the alarm completely off.

Bit of a faff but better than undoing the mirror coding or leaving your dog in an unlocked car, especially as my Pug is very desirable to thieves.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #19
M2Andy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I've found a workaround, if you set the car to only unlock drivers door then lock the car, then unlock it, then lock the drivers door with the key you now have all doors locked and the alarm completely off.

Bit of a faff but better than undoing the mirror coding or leaving your dog in an unlocked car, especially as my Pug is very desirable to thieves.
That is a faff!
Tempted to message Stefan from Bimmercode to see if he’s aware and can find a simpler workaround.
Failing that I’ll probably undo the folding mirror coding
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #20
harvs43
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335d X Drive

Quote:
Quote:
Mine is coded using bimmercode for the mirrors and the alarm goes off if I leave the dogs in the car so I assume this is as described above in that it's messed with another setting.

Blimey, how did you fit a Peugeot in your car Teaston!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 04:28 PM   #21
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvs43 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Blimey, how did you fit a Peugeot in your car Teaston!
Lol, I can't believe some people's dogs have wheels and an engine!
Appreciate 0