XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Shadowline Trim

I just realized that on the X6 50i I ordered that the shadowline trim comes standard if you order the sport package and that kind of sucks because I like the chrome trim. I am going to go into my dealer tomorrow and ask if there is still a way to get it. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

It is as you say part of the Dynamic sport pack, so I would think you are stuck with it, I love it and have ordered it for mine, it is colour dependent as to the looks, what colour are you getting?.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
It is as you say part of the Dynamic sport pack, so I would think you are stuck with it, I love it and have ordered it for mine, it is colour dependent as to the looks, what colour are you getting?.
I originally was going to get Space Gray but have decided to changed to Vermilion Red with Sand Beige Nappa seats and Dark Bamboo trim
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

shenard: If you are stuck with shadowline, be aware that the gloss black trim that separates the front and rear side windows and is part of the shadowline package is sensitive to dirt and acidic water. It stains easily. Be sure to keep it clean and well waxed. Once discolored, there is no known fix. (BMW have quietly replaced a number of them as goodwill.)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
shenard: If you are stuck with shadowline, be aware that the gloss black trim that separates the front and rear side windows and is part of the shadowline package is sensitive to dirt and acidic water. It stains easily. Be sure to keep it clean and well waxed. Once discolored, there is no known fix. (BMW have quietly replaced a number of them as goodwill.)
That is exactly one of the reasons I do not want the shadowline trim. I wonder if this can be changed aftermarket to the chrome. I am going to go in and talk to my dealer today
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
That is exactly one of the reasons I do not want the shadowline trim. I wonder if this can be changed aftermarket to the chrome. I am going to go in and talk to my dealer today

yeah man,please do ask your dealer..maybe there is a chance to order chrome in spare parts deptartment..also will be nice to be an option for pipes from xdrive 50 i
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
yeah man,please do ask your dealer..maybe there is a chance to order chrome in spare parts deptartment..also will be nice to be an option for pipes from xdrive 50 i
Well, unfortunately, I am stuck with the shadowline trim. It comes standard with sport package and no way to delete it or remove. Dealer said it is probably possible to order the chrome trim through the parts department but would probably be very expensive and not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
I have had shadowline on all my BMW's since '98 and only one of them stained, which I believe was due to a washing compound I must have used back then. Since then I've had no problems. I always dry my cars after washing, which is part of how to avoid any staining.

I much prefer the dark gloss trim compared to the chrome, but its a matter of personal taste.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #9
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Well, unfortunately, I am stuck with the shadowline trim. It comes standard with sport package and no way to delete it or remove. Dealer said it is probably possible to order the chrome trim through the parts department but would probably be very expensive and not worth it.
Hmmm,i have shadowline trim on my x3 and it looks nice,but chrome on in x6 is beautifull!!!
Appreciate 0