ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
DannyZ
Sergeant Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW Z4 3.0i

ive had it...almost dont even want ipod in roadie

I am litterally pulling my hair out... I purchased the dice kit for my BMW Z4 only to find out that I needed the DSP kit as well...so I purchased it. followed all the instructions and even watched the bavsound installation on youtube. I got to the end and hooked up the Ipod and the cd player goes to ipod shows (scrolls) the song title I can change the song but there is no sound...I pushed every button on the radio itself messed with the volume and did not hear even static... I turned the ipod itself off and on and reset the ipod settings..and nothing... I double checked the connections all tight and test lighted the power to the dsp module. everything looks good.
what is the problem?

p.s the dice dsp module I received has a little inline fuse looking thing on its power supply line...the ones in the videos did not... is that o.k.?

could it be that I have digital dsp and have the analog dsp kit or vice versa?

I just don't know and it is killing me.

p.s sorry for making a new thread...but the dice tread is way too big.
      05-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Santa Fe Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5 Sport

Garage List
did you ever have the BMW iPod interface installed by the dealership? If so, the way they install it interferes with installing an aftermarket iPod interface (like Dice or any other) through the CD changer wires in the trunk. If so, you'll need to have tv dealership undue their installation to get sound.

This happened to me when I was replacing the BMW unit for the SPEC USA unit. Everything would work except the sound.

BMW rear spoiler - de-badged - MTEC HIDs (DEFECTIVE) - XENESIS high beams & fogs - shadowline front grill - 20% tint - keyhole plugs - Roadster Solutions acrylic wind deflector - LeatherZ center console & door arm rests - Parrot 3100 bluetooth - USA SPEC IPod integration - Xenon interior lighting
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
DannyZ
Sergeant Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW Z4 3.0i

thanks for the reply... but no I bought the car used, however. I did not see any signs that the dealer installed anything ipod related in it. plus the previous owner was much older. he probably did not even know what an ipod was...who knows?

at this point I would even pay some hack shop to do it just to get it to work(if I knew of one that I can trust)