E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > xenons keep going off

10-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
karl210
Rep
Drives: 325i

xenons keep going off

i have fitted genuine pre-lci xenon and angel eye headlights to my 2006 e90
I have earthed the wire that needs earthing and they worked fine for a little while. Then they would start cutting out, mainly the left one but the right one also. Sometimes they go off straight away, sometimes when i hit a bump or sometimes not atall, normally the right one goes out after the left one. I have replaced bulbs to no avail, checked wiring, wiggled it, hit them but i cant get them to cut out by doing them things.
Are these ballast failure symptoms? or is it something to do with my frm. It keeps logging short to ground and open circuit faults.
Any ideas before i put my halogens back in?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 03:16 AM   #2
karl210
Rep
Drives: 325i

These are the codes. Im going to clear them, take it for a drive until a light goes out, re-read codes and check voltage supply to ballast. Im guessing if theres power to the ballast but no light on then the ballast is at fault. Just hope the frm doesnt cut the power off going to the ballast if it sees a fault.

Multifunction (Central Body - FRM (Footwell module))
DTC Description
9CBB - Short circuit fault 2
- Intermittent

9CBC - Short circuit fault 1
- Intermittent

930A - Low beam left, open short circuit
- Intermittent

930B - Low beam right, open short circuit
- Intermittent
Appreciate 0