BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW connected app - my car (is) unlocked(itself??)

09-25-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

BMW connected app - my car (is) unlocked(itself??)

Hello,

It happened 2 times...

First I have been sitting at home and wanted to send some destination to my car by BMW connected app(iPhone).
I have seen in app that my car is “unlocked”.
I thought it was app bug but I locked it to make it sure.

Second : Yesterday evening I have seen again “unlocked” in app so I though again “well app bug”(But now I didnt lock it like before).
Btw I cant play music after new update so I thought that it just shows bad status cuz app has bugs atm.

BUT today morning I went to check it personally and really the car was unlocked, It scared me because if it happends on the other place than in my garage..

I dunno if the car unlocked itself or what happened.
I am almost 100% sure I locked it(u never are sure in these situations so I say almost sure but I am sure for sure)

In these situations I locked car by trunk lock button, not on doors by touch like usually I do.

I must test it but I sure remember last locking was : touched the trunk button for lock(lock picture on button which is set in system to lock all car not just trunk) - then car closed trunk, then yellow lights blinked and I heard the quiet “click”. But I havent checked by looking inside.

I hope my car is NOT unlocking itself. Would be much worse than forget to lock it.

Any ideas for testing it or what should I do?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 02:40 AM   #2
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Sorry to hear about these niggling things , my recommendation would be to touch and hold the knurled door buttons to get the car to fold the mirrors in .This way you know it's secured 100% .I do this besides pressing the button inside the trunk liner to make sure the car is locked
      09-25-2017, 02:52 AM   #3
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Sorry to hear about these niggling things , my recommendation would be to touch and hold the knurled door buttons to get the car to fold the mirrors in .This way you know it's secured 100% .I do this besides pressing the button inside the trunk liner to make sure the car is locked
Or I can set autofolding mirrors after the lock in settings right?

But in saloon they told me to not do it if I dont need it - the small motors in mirrors can die if I do it always (funny on that expensive car hm?)

Edit : I just hope it doesnt unlock itself it would be big problem
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
Or I can set autofolding mirrors after the lock in settings right?

But in saloon they told me to not do it if I dont need it - the small motors in mirrors can die if I do it always (funny on that expensive car hm?)

Edit : I just hope it doesnt unlock itself it would be big problem
Yes, you can also opt that way or alternatively use the key fob .I also don't select the option that folds the mirrors in everytime I lock the car up .
      09-25-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Does anybody have the experience of the small motor controlling folding door mirrors getting damaged from excessive use? As suggested above?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Does anybody have the experience of the small motor controlling folding door mirrors getting damaged from excessive use? As suggested above?
I?ve been folding my mirrors with the door locks in my F32 for past 3 1/2 years. Haven?t had any issues. Did the same in my E93 for 4 1/2 years with no issues. I don?t believe motors will give away that easily.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
We need a better brand of technically aware sales people who just don?t make stuff up based on random cases
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 04:50 AM   #8
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Truth is that I have never mentioned that loud “bzzzz” sound in other cars during folding like in my G30 mb its some crap piece of material than before..
Hard to say, I personally never have had any folding opt but I think on other cars I really cant hear it.
Appreciate 0