BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Running-in check wont reset

09-19-2017, 02:12 AM   #1
StefanV
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI LBB DCT

Angry Running-in check wont reset

It's the second day in the BMW dealer service to get the 2000km inspection and boy oh boy they are stupid.
Yesterday the car entered the service at 1906km. The engine oil and diff oil were changed and when I came to pick the car they said there is a small problem. The running in check can't be reset because (as one of theirs gurus said) it hasn't reached the 2000km mark. I had them show me what they are doing (10+ years of expertise in software engineering). They got some sort of error JOB_NOT_FOUND. I popped an official document stating that the running in service should be performed at "approx 2000km" so the explination was kind of idiotic to me. I booked one more night at a hotel (I live 250km away) and driven the car till 2030km.
Today entered the service and surprise surprise... the same error. Now they filed a report to BMW to advice them on this issue , thing that should've been done from yesterday.
Does anyone knows what this can be? Do you know to whom should I address because it's clearer that these idiots need some help?

PS: Sorry for the long post but this is actually driving me crazy
PPS: they are even M Certified :|
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
Yellowflash21
First Lieutenant
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: M2

They're M retared.

Did my service at 1700 km without any issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 02:25 AM   #3
StefanV
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI LBB DCT

Had to re-code the car... All when fine afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 06:19 PM   #4
SubaruGuy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanV View Post
Had to re-code the car... All when fine afterwards.
Had the exact same thing happen to my LCI!
1415/1200miles (2270km) though when I went in, so I was slightly over the marker. Serviced on 8/28, advisor thought maybe they didn't get the new software yet for the 2018s.

"Running in check will not deactivate. Problem with diagnostic software." took two 'IRAP' sessions and over a day to clear the light... the 328 was lame, heh first world problems.
Appreciate 0