BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

05-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

M3 Coupe with M-DCT

I am lucky enough to get a fully loaded M3 w/ M-DCT in a month rather than waiting for at least 3-4 months for M-DCT!!!
My CA has found one that matched my options list and the car is in status 155!!! I will be enjoying this car over the summer instead of waiting.

I came to this forum every single day to check out M3s and now I'm in the group!!This is my first BMW and I'll be enjoying it for a long long time!!

I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about the M3 and now I can finally sleep peacefully. Since I'll be going to school on late August, I will try to go to one of the meets to meet the fellow enthusiasts.
      05-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Good for you... I've been calling most Southern Va Dealers today in hopes that my color and option car happen to be on their lot. No luck as I imagine... but I try

... freaking 09 seems eternity
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
Bama M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Z4 28i

Congrats! The wait is a killer though.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks!! I couldn't sleep well for the past 2 days already. And I have a month to go...haha

ase2dais, get your order in already!!! Have you decided on which car to get yet? It seems like you are torn between C63 AMG and M3.
Get your order in ASAP so you can enjoy driving!
      05-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bama M3, Do you have good relationships w/ BMW of Fairfax? I went there and CA was nice but Manager was not so. He wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$ and tried to sell me one of the cars that were in the lot for like $3k more than sticker...talking about BS.
He also said things like if I wanted M-DCT, they had to trade 2 of their M3s with one M-DCT car for me so that they have to put 'premium' on it to even it out... lol BS.

Btw, the wait is killing me already... especially since I'm not working over the summer. Have to find something to past time.
      05-11-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSanaii View Post
Bama M3, Do you have good relationships w/ BMW of Fairfax? I went there and CA was nice but Manager was not so. He wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$ and tried to sell me one of the cars that were in the lot for like $3k more than sticker...talking about BS.
He also said things like if I wanted M-DCT, they had to trade 2 of their M3s with one M-DCT car for me so that they have to put 'premium' on it to even it out... lol BS.

Btw, the wait is killing me already... especially since I'm not working over the summer. Have to find something to past time.
Fairfax BMW have been taking alot of bum rap in the past due to alot of transition, between building the new Service facility etc...
They cant overlook the fact that since, it is center to most of us Virginians they cant afford to loose out on their market share between afluent Sterling and now a big star Passport BMW. I couldnt help but take my car there for a quick oil chnge and most times pick up parts for both my e90 and e46 M3 coz its convenient. There nothing better than location, location, location but they also starting to realize that what equaly as important is service, service, service.

From the past 12 mos I've noticed a steady improvement in service with the parts dept and surprisingly the service too. One time I've complained that my wiper blames were streaking and this new SA check it out, wrote a ticket, personally drove it in and within minutes I was on my way, and the e90 wasn't even bought there. I had the same gentleman one time took my FOB read it for maintenance history, since I was complaining about something small took the car in without an appointment. Surprisingly, he change rear brakes since was close enough for wear limits and my 50k warranty is due to expire.

Now, on your sales mgr experience, maybe its due to the pressure that the dealership much rather give their allocation to a community member since they like to earned their trust too later on in service and parts.

One new up a coming Star at their Sales Dept is Asad Khan, who treats me kindly whenever I go there a drool over the new M3. He affords me his time showing me the car, let me sit in it during lunch break and one occasion just handed me the keys to start it and play Hanger-Pilot while I check out the EDC, M-mode features in iDrive.

All I know is I am a e92 M3 owner at heart and I park my car at the dealer lot for safe keeping and I trade it in every week or so, for another brand new one that I will come visit the following week. Oh! what fun to enjoy my dream car pretty much every lunch hr without the pressure of the loan note and gas prices.

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-11-2008 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ase2dais, get your order in already!!! Have you decided on which car to get yet? It seems like you are torn between C63 AMG and M3.
Get your order in ASAP so you can enjoy driving!
I'm trying! I'm trying! Believe me Im trying .... it would be nice to see all new e90/92 M3 and BMWs late this year driving together on a nice Fall afternoon, smelling the Fall Autumn air, while manuevering the twisties with your new car, new friends and hopefully old ones you've met along the way.

Well hope to see each other soon.

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-11-2008 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
Bama M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Z4 28i

Quote:

This is my second BMW from Fairfax, and I have no complaints. I didn't really deal with the Sales Manager. I had other offers in hand before I contacted Fairfax, so I had some leverage.

I got $2,500 off MSRP, free M3 mats, and no markup on BMWFS base lease rates. They had an allocation in Status 112 the day I ordered, so the car was built very quickly. I could have picked it up the week of 20 May, but I'm doing PCD so I'll have to wait until June.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC, 2019 Audi TT RS

I had no problems with fairfax. Just bought my 2nd car within the last year or so. I too was just dealing with the Sales Manager and had my M3 on order for $2500 off. I just this past weekend bailed on it because I decided I'd rather save some money for the next year so I went with a 335xi coupe. I got it for $400 under invoice and was able to use last months MF and residual since I was locked in with April rates on my M3...saved my another 60bucks a month! I won't shop at any other dealer in the area now....not to mention I've had bad experiences with some of the others.
Appreciate 0