F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Problem flashing ECU
Studio RSR

07-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Problem flashing ECU

I'm having an issue flashing an ATM, below is a screenshot of the problem.

The issue basically seems to be that the TAL that is calculated includes a FLSL that does not exist in psdzdata. I've also included a photo of the label on the module.

The module is used, and I think it looks like someone tried to flash it, and they didn't do it correctly. Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve this? I think I can get it to flash if someone has FLSL_000026A3-001_031_021

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

All you need is PSdZ lite in order to do TAL calculation. You only actually need full, or update files once you switch to TAL-Processing.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Ok, I think I see what the issue is, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get around the problem.

First, the problem with the different HWEL #'s was that my FA did not include 6WD. I added 6WD to the FA, and the solution would return the correct HWEL. But I still had the problem with the FLSL.

I discovered that the FLSL from the SVT is a mapped slave boot loader - I found the mapping in blumap_atm_atm_01.xml. See attachment 1.

The binaries for the slave bootloader are in the flup directory. See attachment 2. *NOTE* the version numbers are lower than the pics from the first post, that's because I loaded psdzdata from original shipment of ECU.

There is a problem with esys that it will not create the tal for this mapping - I don't know if it works for other mappings or not. There are not many ECU that use these mappings - ASA,ATM,LMV,SME,TRSVC, and VDC.

I found out about 'ContainedBootloader', and manually created TAL - see attachment 3

When I try to execute the TAL, I get a MemoryEraseFailed error. - see attachment 4

MemoryEraseFailed is because the ecu has not been activated to allow erase. - see attachment 5

Security for activation is given to 000026A2 master bootloader. - see attachment 6

FLSL will be processed before BTLD unless sweseq specifies otherwise. - see attachment 7.

So, what appears to be happening is that whenever I try to process the TAL, the FLSL is being processed first, as documented, but since the security activation is given to the master bootloader, the ECU will not allow the memory erase to process.

I've tried to modify the TAL (notice the seperate BLFlash, and the PreRequisite) to get it to process the BTLD file first, but no matter what I do, it tries to process the FLSL first, and therefore fails.

Is there a way to modify the TAL to process the BTLD first? The documentation says to create a sweseq, but to do that I need to create a PDX container, and to do that I need a
PDX template. Is anyone able to create PDX containers?

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!
Attached Images

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 04:34 AM   #4
gonghao
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i

Hi,

I've met the same issue here, do you have any progress on it?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:44 AM   #5
azasd1
Rep
Drives: 328i

I have the same problem did you find a solution??
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:49 AM   #6
azasd1
Rep
Drives: 328i

Problem flashing ecu

Hello friends, I need to update the fem after autel has corrupted some files, but when I try I get this failure in the photo I attached...
Has anyone ever experienced this ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 12:47 PM   #7
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by azasd1 View Post
Hello friends, I need to update the fem after autel has corrupted some files, but when I try I get this failure in the photo I attached...
Delete ATM from TAL in TAL editor and you will be able to flash FEM
      02-01-2022, 11:50 PM   #8
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by azasd1 View Post
Did you try unchecking ATM?
Appreciate 0