F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Headlight Range Control Defective
ARMA SPEED

07-03-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
vouchy91
Wavespider
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F31 Luxury

Unhappy Headlight Range Control Defective

Hi All,

I hope it is the right place to post some questions here.

I have an issue with my F31 (Luxury Model).
I have a yellow warning message that sometimes appear :"Headlight range control defective". It was at first displayed only when I was selecting the Automatic Headlights.
The big issue is that now it is displayed even when I am in the "Manual" selection and moreover after the message is displayed, my front head lights do not work properly anymore, even my right turn signal does not work anymore.
The issue is intermittent so it seems to be a pure electronic issue.
I went to a BMW garage and they told me it was the sensor on the window, they replaced it (400 euros) but it did not fix the issue.
So my questions are :
1) Has anyone already have this issue ?
2) Would it be possible to remove the automatic headlights features by coding to get rid of this issue ?
3) What are your advices as even the main garage in Paris was not able to fix the issue definitely ?

Another BMW garage told me that it could require to change the FEM which is a huge cost !!
I wish I could find a real BMW expert

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Steve
Appreciate 0