E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Can I drill through here? (lol)

06-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
ayyy
Lame Stance Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO Bagged 08 E92 335xi (V2)

Can I drill through here? (lol)

Hi,

I'm vinyl wrapping my car and interior in about a week and will be removing all interior panels. While they're out, I wanted to make some improvements to my cable management. To do so, I want my 3.5mm audio cable running from the port in the center armrest to my iPod on the dash to be hidden below the center trim. And since I don't want the cable to run into the center armrest via the lid, disallowing it to close all the way, I wanted to drill through the front of the center armrest/console into below the center trim piece (where the gearshift is). Here's a photo trying to explain:

I just need to know if there are any wires or connections I can damage by drilling through the plastic that separates the area beneath the center trim and the center armrest/console.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #2
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

Not sure about your '08 model but I was able to run an audio cable through an opening. I didn't have to drill. I believe I ran the cable through the vent holes inside the drink holder. Or you can route it like the link below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=armrest
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
it4rz4n
Canada
Rep
Drives: '06 330xi

I ran mine exactly how he did in the link above. No drilling required and it was really easy.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
ayyy
Lame Stance Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO Bagged 08 E92 335xi (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cheapo Loco View Post
Not sure about your '08 model but I was able to run an audio cable through an opening. I didn't have to drill. I believe I ran the cable through the vent holes inside the drink holder. Or you can route it like the link below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=armrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by it4rz4n View Post
I ran mine exactly how he did in the link above. No drilling required and it was really easy.
Lol well holy crap that would be way better. I haven't yet removed my center trim piece to examine and I was just going off photos on google. So yep problem solved! Thanks all.
Appreciate 0