BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > Do Not Go To Life Quality Service Center

06-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
miked07
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F30 B58 340i x drive

Do Not Go To Life Quality Service Center

As the title states avoid Life Quality Service center like it is a plague! Located in Brooklyn Ny. Brought my car in for service after I hit a pothole and had a blow out. I have the rim and tire insurance package. So long story short aside from them lying about damages to my car (they claimed I had about $2,000 in damages plus $900 in labor....had another mechanic look at it and it was only a $500 job) they were supposed to replace my front two tires under the insurance plan. One tire completely blew out and the other had a nail in it. When I went to pick my car up from service I was appalled to find the condition of the car. I have a 340i m sport, I had the front lip previously installed on the car and it was now destroyed and hanging off the car, the undercarriage was bottomed out, there are scratches on my hood and front bumper, a dent in my rear door, and to top it all off the wheels that needed tire replacement appear to be curbed and destroyed. I say they appear to be because I can't fathom how someone that is a tech at a BMW service center is so inexperienced at simply mounting a tire on a rim. The rims need to be completely repaired and refinished. To make things worse whoever did this job which is a direct representation of the BMW brand name, decided to take the previous wheel weights off my rims with a screw driver completely destroying the inner barrel of the rim, and left the previous double sided tape half removed.

So let's have a small recap;
I utilized the BMW SOS feature in the car when I had the blowout
Took pictures immediately of the tire blow out (no other damage to any part of the vehicle )
I watched the tow guy safely put my car on the flatbed without damaging my front lip
Then the car was taken to Life Quality
When I returned there was roughly $1000+ in damages to my vehicle

What kind of service center is this. The service manager was rude and told me to take up the front lip with the tow company. What kind of professionalism is that!? Then he tried telling me the rims came in damaged when one of the employees in the service bay told me he knew the wheels came in fine because he thought to himself "how crispy they looked". The service manager ultimately took responsibility for only the dent in my door and for damaging my wheels not the front lip or scratches the hood. His solution was leave the car and he'll have "his guy" repair the wheels and dent. When I asked for a loaner car I was told I'd have to wait two weeks. I disagreed with this completely as I feel it is borderline corruption. You damage my wheels then want to send them to your buddy to fix them with whom you have a contract with. Absolutely not. On top of that you inconvenience me and then tell me you can't provide a loaner car for a vehicle you made inoperable. The tires weren't even balanced properly I have horrible vibration when driving the car.

I told them I am looking for full reimbursement for damages caused to my vehicle to have it repaired by the people that originally did the work. Nicholas Giordano was extremely unprofessional and has single handedly turned me off the BMW brand all together. I will now wait to see how BMW North America handles the situation and go from there. Pictures will be uploaded when I have some time later.

If anyone has advice or can offer help in any way please reach out to me.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      06-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

They have always had a bad rep for as far back as I can remember.
      06-15-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
jeff4598
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C HS, DCT, much Dinan

My brother had a 4xx in SI- always went to Jersey for service.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
lazyd0c
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 G06/ '17 f87 6MT

Maybe double post this in the NYC regional sub forum for more attention? Sorry this happened to you =/
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
They have always had a bad rep for as far back as I can remember.
One of the worst dealerships ever. Stay away.
      07-02-2017, 05:59 AM   #6
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
noted

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0