F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F3X LCI Uptaded Coding List
Studio RSR

06-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d xDrive M-S M-P

F3X LCI Uptaded Coding List

After some disappointing research, I have come to understand that not all coding for the F3X work on the LCI models.

Does anyone have a list of codings that work for the F3X LCI models?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 02:45 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

You will have to be more specific for what is not working.

The only thing that really changed is headlamp coding. Plus, depending on I-Step, changing soft blinker number no longer works.

Also, most have shifted to using Launcher Cheat Codes, so no one is really updating lists.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #3
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
You will have to be more specific for what is not working.

The only thing that really changed is headlamp coding. Plus, depending on I-Step, changing soft blinker number no longer works.

Also, most have shifted to using Launcher Cheat Codes, so no one is really updating lists.
Apparently non of the HUD coding work, video in motion only works up to a certain speed...I have not taken delivery of my '17 F31 328D xDrive. I'm just being proactive, so once I get my car, it's straight to coding.

I have read that some owners coded their F3X LCI Adaptive LED headlight for better performance but not quite GFHB? Can I code my car the squeeze out the best lighting performance possible, besides raising the height?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "I-Step'?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermile View Post
Apparently non of the HUD coding work, video in motion only works up to a certain speed...I have not taken delivery of my '17 F31 328D xDrive. I'm just being proactive, so once I get my car, it's straight to coding.

I have read that some owners coded their F3X LCI Adaptive LED headlight for better performance but not quite GFHB? Can I code my car the squeeze out the best lighting performance possible, besides raising the height?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "I-Step'?
HUD Blinkers has never worked on DKOMBI (instrument cluster ECU) for F20x/F3x/F8x vehicles. But, you can code things like door LEDs on in reverse.

Your vehicle will lack necessary optic microshutters. So, you can code VLD (low beam); it will not work as intended but will not be too bad compared to NGHB (which you cannot code on your vehicle without switching hardware).

I-Step is integration level; it is software/firmware version on vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
HUD Blinkers has never worked on DKOMBI (instrument cluster ECU) for F20x/F3x/F8x vehicles. But, you can code things like door LEDs on in reverse.

Your vehicle will lack necessary optic microshutters. So, you can code VLD (low beam); it will not work as intended but will not be too bad compared to NGHB (which you cannot code on your vehicle without switching hardware).

I-Step is integration level; it is software/firmware version on vehicle.
Thanks for the info.

So, am I able to code the HUD for things such as Junction view, phone contacts, entertainment ect...?

Would you be able to PM all the coding members tried on their LCI for the NGHB and VLD? I want to try it for myself and come to my own conclusion. I have the Adaptative LED lights and I know they move up and down, side to side. Plus my cars is Canadian spec. (might make a difference) I don't think any CDN LCI owners tried the NGHB coding in their LCI Adaptative LED lights. It's worth a shot anyways. It was pissing me off how certain members said they would try the coding and then flopped out, in the other thread. If it's reversible, what's the harm? I get it, if it doesn't work it will piss other motorists off. I get flashed sometimes when driving my stock and empty '15 F150 Lariat Sport with 502a OEM LED quad beam headlights. On the roads I drive in the country for my work commute, drivers are not shy to let you know, when they THINK you are driving with high beam lol.

Thanks in advance, Bro!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

So, am I able to code the HUD for things such as Junction view, phone contacts, entertainment ect...?

Would you be able to PM all the coding members tried on their LCI for the NGHB and VLD? I want to try it for myself and come to my own conclusion. I have the Adaptative LED lights and I know they move up and down, side to side. Plus my cars is Canadian spec. (might make a difference) I don't think any CDN LCI owners tried the NGHB coding in their LCI Adaptative LED lights. It's worth a shot anyways. It was pissing me off how certain members said they would try the coding and then flopped out, in the other thread. If it's reversible, what's the harm? I get it, if it doesn't work it will piss other motorists off. I get flashed sometimes when driving my stock and empty '15 F150 Lariat Sport with 502a OEM LED quad beam headlights. On the roads I drive in the country for my work commute, drivers are not shy to let you know, when they THINK you are driving with high beam lol.

Thanks in advance, Bro!
Any 2014+ vehicle with HUD is already coded for Nav, phone, entertainment from factory.

For VLD, it is a matter of VO coding. For NGHB, I do not have a listing of what others tried, but it is irrelevant as it is hardware dependent (headlamp and ECU).
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #7
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Any 2014+ vehicle with HUD is already coded for Nav, phone, entertainment from factory.

For VLD, it is a matter of VO coding. For NGHB, I do not have a listing of what others tried, but it is irrelevant as it is hardware dependent (headlamp and ECU).
How about coding Junction View in the HUD?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #8
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
How about coding Junction View in the HUD?
Standard. But, yes it can be coded.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #9
ishowerinjager
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Performance Editio

I cant seem to get my mirrors to fold with comfort access on a 2017 LCI 340i.

Anybody know whats up?
2017 340i M Performance Edition: Fashion Grey, MPPSK, M performance front splitter, rear diffuser, side sills, black grille, CF spoiler, 405M 20s, 8AT, full Marino interior and dash, adaptive suspension
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishowerinjager View Post

Anybody know whats up?
Are you using Launcher Cheat Codes? Are you selecting "Code FDL?"
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #11
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishowerinjager View Post

Anybody know whats up?
Have you actually got the extra cost option of electric folding mirrors ? Hold lock button on key fob to check if they fold.

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #12
ishowerinjager
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Performance Editio

Yes I've got the option. I actually recoded them and got them working. I found I had to activate comfort close with the keyfob as it was inactive, it was active for unlock which I found was weird. The mirrors codes were correct I believe.
2017 340i M Performance Edition: Fashion Grey, MPPSK, M performance front splitter, rear diffuser, side sills, black grille, CF spoiler, 405M 20s, 8AT, full Marino interior and dash, adaptive suspension
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #13
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Does rain close sunroof work on the F3X LCI? Can we code rain close all windows and sunroof?

Last edited by Hypermile; 06-17-2017 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: LCI not LIC lol
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #14
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Does rain close sunroof work on the F3X LIC? Can we code rain close all windows and sunroof?
I have never seen it work. But, like FCW, I am not going to test it and risk damaging vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #15
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Does rain close sunroof work on the F3X LIC? Can we code rain close all windows and sunroof?
I have also been looking at this as I coded this option successfully into my wife's VW Tiguan using Ross Tech software which changed a few settings in the main BCM module (FEM module) and RLS sub module. For it to work the wiper stalk had to be moved physically into the intermittent position and the car locked.

Not sure how this would work in a BMW if they use the same analogy as VW/Audi as BMW employ a different method of activating the intermittent wiper function (micro switch?). I reckon you could probably get the sunroof to close automatically if it rained whilst you were driving it as your RLS sensor would be "live"
      06-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #16
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
I have also been looking at this as I coded this option successfully into my wife's VW Tiguan using Ross Tech software which changed a few settings in the main BCM module (FEM module) and RLS sub module. For it to work the wiper stalk had to be moved physically into the intermittent position and the car locked.

Not sure how this would work in a BMW if they use the same analogy as VW/Audi as BMW employ a different method of activating the intermittent wiper function (micro switch?). I reckon you could probably get the sunroof to close automatically if it rained whilst you were driving it as your RLS sensor would be "live"
Agreed, using VCDS is like riding a bike compared to BMW coding, which is like riding a unicycle while juggling blind.

I was able to enable rain close windows as well as rain-sensing wipers on a Passat NMS that did come with it from the factory, but VW used RLS for auto headlights....Of note the rain close function will not activate after the car has been locked for 24h, this is to save the battery, because the RLS stays on during the first 24h ready to sense rain.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #17
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have never seen it work. But, like FCW, I am not going to test it and risk damaging vehicle.
What's FCW? How would you damage your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 12:02 AM   #18
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What's FCW? How would you damage your car?
Front Collision Warning/Pedestrian detection. Potential to damage if you were to test whether it truly would bring car to stop. In the case of rain sensor, you could get lots of moisture inside leaving vehicle exposed to elements.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #19
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Ah, gotcha lol. I never leave my sunroof open, unless I'm in the car. I do however leave it vented when I know it will not rain and I will be driving it at some point that same day. Like at work when I arrive or going to the mall...Having the rain close feature enabled to give me an extra piece of mind that if for some reason I leave my SR vented and it rains, it will automatically close. One can always test this theory by coding, venting the SR, locking the car, waiting 5 mins and pouring water on the windshield where the RLS is.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #20
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

I think I have coded it, but have never tested. Let us know if you decide to and the results.

I also never leave my car vented as I do not like the heat or condensation.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #21
Mwahab
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
I can share any lighting mod in FEM Control units.
I need 1 Million US Dollars (Not Canadian please)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 05:07 AM   #22
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahab View Post
I can share any lighting mod in FEM Control units.
I need 1 Million US Dollars (Not Canadian please)
Sold! Would you like them in small or large bills?
Appreciate 1
Mwahab58.50