THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Fleet Upgrade Complete (Non BMW Content)

06-04-2017, 11:01 PM   #1
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Fleet Upgrade Complete (Non BMW Content)

Back in August we replaced my wife's '10 Mazda CX-9 with her new Q5. She drove all the other competing SUV's in class (X3, MB GLC 300, Jag F Pace) and chose the Q5. She still loves it - say's "it flies" and it does, as I often catch her doing 80 on the interstate while I'm sitting in the co-pilot's seat. Then in December I replaced my '11 MINI Cooper S with my new M235i Convertible. I love it and look for excuses to drive it. I really liked my MINI and often thought it was the perfect vehicle (fun to drive, fuel efficient, easy to park) for one or two people to get from one place to another, but the M235i does everything, except fuel efficiency, so much better. It's hands down the best car I have every owned as a DD.

This weekend, we replaced our aging '05 Nissan Titan Crew Cab with a 2017 GMC Canyon Denali Crew Cab. The Titan was more truck than we really needed. We were fortunate to park it at our next-door neighbor's house, as she was a home-bound widow who liked having the truck in her driveway. She passed just before Christmas and the family just sold the house so we needed something a little easier to park in our own driveway parking area. Also, the Nissan was getting expensive to keep, with several recent costly repairs over the past coupe years, so we decided to sell it and replace it while it was running well and before the next expensive shoe dropped. If you're in the market for a truck, the Canyon is terrific - just the perfect size. While it's just as long as the Titan, it's about 6" narrower making it much easier to park. It only tows 7000 lbs (fine for our needs) compared to the Titan's 9200 lbs towing capacity, but the "Long Box" bed is 74" vs the Titan's 66". I think I am really going to like this truck.

Three new vehicles in a year is a bit much, but we keep our vehicles a long time. The bonus is my wife is thrilled she won't have to set foot in another car or truck dealership for at least 6-8 years.

Here's a couple pics of the new truck.
Attached Images

17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Nice... diesel by any chance?