E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Inner tail light three horizontal lines FIX?

05-16-2017, 01:23 AM   #1
e92srb
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328xi

Inner tail light three horizontal lines FIX?

Inner tail light (on the trunk lid) "three horizontal lines" (I'm assuming are LED) are burned out. Is there a bulb I can change or need to purchase new assembly?

If there is a bulb where is it located? Pictures to show for simpler install? And which bulb would I need to buy exactly? If it's a new inner tail light, what's the cheapest one? Already looked around and most around around $140. Not trying to spend $140 for this. Unless if I have no choice I guess.
I know zero about lights, wiring, electrical, etc.

E92 Pre LCI
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 06:26 AM   #2
chandleerr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92srb View Post
Inner tail light (on the trunk lid) "three horizontal lines" (I'm assuming are LED) are burned out. Is there a bulb I can change or need to purchase new assembly?

If there is a bulb where is it located? Pictures to show for simpler install? And which bulb would I need to buy exactly? If it's a new inner tail light, what's the cheapest one? Already looked around and most around around $140. Not trying to spend $140 for this. Unless if I have no choice I guess.

E92 Pre LCI
Just open your trunk and take down the liner. There is a bulb in there. Google a diy it's easy.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
e92srb
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandleerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92srb View Post

E92 Pre LCI
Just open your trunk and take down the liner. There is a bulb in there. Google a diy it's easy.
According to what I googled only the outer one u can do that. The inner is soldered closed and u can try to heat it in the oven in order to open it and even then u have to mess w the circuit board which idk how to do. The other option is to buy a new inner tail assembly.
Appreciate 0