E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel eye bulb locations

05-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #1
Kas5gd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Angel eye bulb locations

Hello all!
First time posting so pardon me if a commit some errors. I recently purchased my first BMW a couple months ago. It's a 2011 328i coupe and I'm trying to change the angle eyes bulbs. I did some research and I ordered the H8 led bulbs. When I search online on where the bulb is, every site tells me it's under the hood located under these two panels I have to pop open with a flathead. When I do that, all I see are the cornering light bulbs, no angel eyes. Can anyone please help me with this or point me in the right direction? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

They're both under the same cover. H3 cornering bulb towards the front, H8 is towards the back.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #3
Kas5gd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
They're both under the same cover. H3 cornering bulb towards the front, H8 is towards the back.
Thank you for the reply. I've looked everywhere in that compartment and it's not there. I'll post pictures of it soon
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Some 2011 already have the upgraded led angel eyes from the factory, which can't be replaced.

Post a picture for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
Kas5gd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Some 2011 already have the upgraded led angel eyes from the factory, which can't be replaced.

Post a picture for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post

Post a picture for sure.
Here are some pics of that compartment and what I've circled is where I believe the angel eyes bulb is but it doesn't look like an H8 bulb.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas5gd View Post
Here are some pics of that compartment and what I've circled is where I believe the angel eyes bulb is but it doesn't look like an H8 bulb.
your car already has white angel eyes, which are built in LED's from the factory, so they can't be changed. They are Not H8 bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
Kas5gd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Quote:
your car already has white angel eyes, which are built in LED's from the factory, so they can't be changed. They are Not H8 bulbs.
Quote:
Quote:
Okay thank you! If I wanted to change the bulb if it goes out, can I do that myself? What bulbs are they? Or would I have to go to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #8
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Okay thank you! If I wanted to change the bulb if it goes out, can I do that myself? What bulbs are they? Or would I have to go to the dealer?
easiest to go to a dealer. It's an LED module that needs to be purchased direct from BMW or or BMW parts distributor.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #9
Kas5gd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
easiest to go to a dealer. It's an LED module that needs to be purchased direct from BMW or or BMW parts distributor.
Quote:
Quote:
Okay thank you!!!
Appreciate 0