F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Deactivate Comfort Access Hands-Free Trunk Release
proTUNING Freaks

04-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
DMVisions
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i, 2023 M240i xDrive

Deactivate Comfort Access Hands-Free Trunk Release

Hi Everyone!

This may seem like an odd request, but I'm seeking advice for how to deactivate my hands-free trunk release sensors on my 2017 330i Wagon.

Reason: I just had an invisihitch installed and unfortunately this interferers with the motion detectors for the comfort access hands-free trunk release. This is a basic 1 1/4" hitch designed for carrying a bike rack. As a result, the trunk/hatch will open based on the slightest movement from my hitch and/or hitch mounted bike rack. Note, the hitch rests just slightly on my M Performance rear diffuser. This is the problem, but I'm unwilling to modify/cut my diffuser.

As you can imagine this is very troublesome as the hatch will open directly into my bike!!!! I'm happy I noticed quickly after install before I had the opportunity to accidently damage both my bike and my hatch!

Unlike the sedans, the wagons don't have a "trunk lock" button located in the glove box. It seems like there must be a way to deactivate the hands-free sensor. Is this something that I could simply unplug?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! I can't imagine I'm the only wagon guy who's ran into this problem.

From a previous post I made it in the wrong thread, I was told the code is:
FEM_BODY --> CAM_SMART_OPENER = nicht_aktiv. Can anyone validate this?

Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

There should be two:
  • Fem_01 > Cam_smart_closer
  • Fem_01 > Cam_smart_opener
Appreciate 0