F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Front Sway Bar for our F30 diesel?
ARMA SPEED

04-24-2017, 12:49 AM   #1
NinTenTom
lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F30 Diesel

Front Sway Bar for our F30 diesel?

I'm seeing compatibility for front sway bars only for the gasoline versions of the F30 on websites but it doesn't mention diesel (specifically 2014). Is it because the diesel is actually a different size than the gasoline version? If so, what are some aftermarket options for front sway bar to reduce the body roll?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #2
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinTenTom View Post
I'm seeing compatibility for front sway bars only for the gasoline versions of the F30 on websites but it doesn't mention diesel (specifically 2014). Is it because the diesel is actually a different size than the gasoline version? If so, what are some aftermarket options for front sway bar to reduce the body roll?
From what I've found, it's slightly heavier in the rear because of the DEF tank, but with the conversation I've had with the guys over at Dinan, they said it should work with no problems, but they haven't fitted one to a diesel yet. There is however a front strut brace that will fit without any issues, and I believe the factory M front brace will fit as well if you want to spend the money on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 12:24 AM   #3
NinTenTom
lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F30 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
From what I've found, it's slightly heavier in the rear because of the DEF tank, but with the conversation I've had with the guys over at Dinan, they said it should work with no problems, but they haven't fitted one to a diesel yet. There is however a front strut brace that will fit without any issues, and I believe the factory M front brace will fit as well if you want to spend the money on it.
So any front strut brace for the F30 gasoline should technically fit the diesel too? Guess I'll have to buy one to find out
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:53 AM   #4
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinTenTom View Post
So any front strut brace for the F30 gasoline should technically fit the diesel too? Guess I'll have to buy one to find out
Any Pre-LCI strut brace will fit, they updated the mounting points on the LCI's for more surface area.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
rossm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Eibach have an upgraded anti roll bar kit available, you'll need to upgrade the rear as well to keep the balance of the car and not induce understeer. To get access to the front ARB you will need to drop the front subframe assembly so figure for around 4hrs work for a competent mechanic

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/manufact...30d-335-i.html

Cheers
Appreciate 0