THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Car Seat

04-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
Jamesembry
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Car Seat

I have to use my M2 for occasional toddler transportation. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good car seat? I am trying to get the most possible legroom for the front passenger.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesembry View Post
I have to use my M2 for occasional toddler transportation. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good car seat? I am trying to get the most possible legroom for the front passenger.
Need to know more about the toddler. Age/weight? Superior brands vary between rearward facing, convertible, forward booster, etc.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
Jamesembry
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Need to know more about the toddler. Age/weight? Superior brands vary between rearward facing, convertible, forward booster, etc.
Sorry, rearward facing, currently under 20 lbs
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

That still qualifies as "infant".

Here are the top three brand (four models) "convertibles" (among 32 tested) for overall performance (in descending order) from the data collected by Consumer Reports which will take you from rearward facing to forward facing. Don't turn forward facing for a long as possible, which should be at least two years old. (Some states require that.) Allows more time for developing neck bones to ossify to help in case of impact.

Chicco Nextfit
Britax Marathon Click Tight
Evenflo Sure Ride or Titan 65
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Keep in mind the only car seat I have is for my dog and I know nothing about any of this, so stick to Sportstick for actual useful safety advice. That said forget it and just get one of these, which must be the coolest option. Performance sport looks pretty damn awesome.

http://us.recaro-cs.com/car-seats
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #6
SwolePatrol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Melbourne Red

It's safest to place the car seat in the middle, however I am not sure if there are anchors for that in our 2 series. If you can though, it'll alleviate the leg room issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #7
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwolePatrol View Post
It's safest to place the car seat in the middle, however I am not sure if there are anchors for that in our 2 series. If you can though, it'll alleviate the leg room issue.
I used to use to put it in the middle with the 2 anchors from the side seats.... only thing is that with the plastic tray in the middle of the seat it raises the carseat a bit...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #8
TheCaptain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i x 'vert

I use the Chicco NextFit but there is no front passenger leg room when it is rear facing, you literally need the front seat as far forward as it goes. Once the baby is age 2 you can go forward facing and that's snug but fine with a front passenger.

The car seat in the middle is only recommended if its also a human seat, and the spacing of the anchors isn't designed for a seat in the middle in a 2er.
Appreciate 0