E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > So I TRIED to order a 335i, what I damn headache.

04-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

So I TRIED to order a 335i, what I damn headache.

Back in early April I wasent leaving Germany till 2010 and I was to deploy to Iraq this summer. Because of those reason I was waiting till late next year to order my 335i Coupe.

Now I am leaving Germany on June 1 so I had to order my car ASAP. On April 18th I placed an order for a 335i. 2 business days later I got a phone call from BMW telling me that I couldnt get my car built until week 28, first week of July (they had told me week 24 when I placed the order).

I called up another dealer and they told me they could change an existing order for me and that the car would be built in week 24. I called BMW back to cancel my order but they told me that I would lose 25% of my deposit for cancelling my order.

They told me that I could get a 335xi built in week 24 so I changed my order to that. 4 hours went by when BMW called me again to tell me that a 335xi would have to wait to week 28 to be built. They asked me to consider the 1 other 335i coupe that they have and I told them I would call them tomarrow.

The one they have is space greay which is the color I want but it has black leather, not coral red. I already know that I dont want it but I will wait till tomarrow to tell them anyway since its the end of the day here. If I have to wait to July to get my car I just want a 335i and I will have to pick it up in GA as I am moving to Ft Polk LA.

What a headache
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Mil Sales

Advice: Just place your order as you want it and let the dealer handle everything else, e.g., accepting delivery, registering it in Germany, shipping it to the US, etc. I did exactly that and it worked out fine. I never stepped foot in Germany and picked my car up at a port in NJ and still saved a boat load of $$. I'm not sure what's going on with the deposit thing, that is a potential snag.

PM me if you want to discuss specifics and I can refer you to my SA in Wurzberg. BLUF, get the car you want and don't settle for what happens to be available.
      04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

BMW will ship the car to the states for me, its included in my price. I want to put a few miles on my new car here in Germany before I have to drive in shit town LA.

I will either get my 335i here in DE or in the US I jsut wish I could get a definent build week. I want to call BMW NA but I got locked out of my account.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger44 View Post
Advice: Just place your order as you want it and let the dealer handle everything else, e.g., accepting delivery, registering it in Germany, shipping it to the US, etc. I did exactly that and it worked out fine. I never stepped foot in Germany and picked my car up at a port in NJ and still saved a boat load of $$. I'm not sure what's going on with the deposit thing, that is a potential snag.

PM me if you want to discuss specifics and I can refer you to my SA in Wurzberg. BLUF, get the car you want and don't settle for what happens to be available.
Are you saying that you did an ED without actually having to go to Europe? And I've never heard of anybody picking up their car at the port before. Usually it gets discharged off the vessel, then goes to the VPC and then to the dealer, where you pick up the car.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Appropriate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [0.00]
Damn, I got a headache just skimming the original post.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
bobr2001
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F11

Give him a break, he's an Army dude
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
Are you saying that you did an ED without actually having to go to Europe? And I've never heard of anybody picking up their car at the port before. Usually it gets discharged off the vessel, then goes to the VPC and then to the dealer, where you pick up the car.
As part of the military sales program (similar to ED but not), those military members serving in Iraq or Asscrackistan can't go to Germany to pick their vehicles up so it's all done over email. That's correct, never had to go to Europe. If my vehicle would have gone through a dealership in the US, I would have been charged the destination fee of $750 and whatever else they like to tack on. I picked it up at the port where many others ship their cars from overseas. Piece of cake.
      04-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr2001 View Post
Give him a break, he's an Army dude
Right on.
      04-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfast View Post
BMW will ship the car to the states for me, its included in my price. I want to put a few miles on my new car here in Germany before I have to drive in shit town LA.

I will either get my 335i here in DE or in the US I jsut wish I could get a definent build week. I want to call BMW NA but I got locked out of my account.

I know what you mean Ft. Polk is just a big a$$ swamp. And the BMW military sales program is a very good program where you can save alot of money ordering a BMW.
      04-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

LA

I assumed svtfast was talking Los Angeles, not Louisiana. lol Never been to Polk but I did hear it's out in the middle of nowhere.
      04-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

I just called Walker BMW which is the nearest BMW dealer to Ft Polk but its still 50 miles away.

I asked them about the production of 335i coupes and they told me the same thing. I can order my car here but I might have to pick it up at the port and pay my $200 in port tax. Tomarrow I will change my order once again back to a 335i and it should be easy as I didnt pay them the extra $$ yet and they didnt place the order yet. This is my first BMW and this is getting on my nerves.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger44 View Post
As part of the military sales program (similar to ED but not), those military members serving in Iraq or Asscrackistan can't go to Germany to pick their vehicles up so it's all done over email. That's correct, never had to go to Europe. If my vehicle would have gone through a dealership in the US, I would have been charged the destination fee of $750 and whatever else they like to tack on. I picked it up at the port where many others ship their cars from overseas. Piece of cake.
OIC... thanks for letting me know! And thanks for protecting our country!!!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0