BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Ceramic Pro 9h experience?

03-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #1
Click821
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 Long beach Blue MT

Ceramic Pro 9h experience?

Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with this product and if so, what did you think? Is it worth using or was it disappointing? I was considering applying this to the wheels and calipers before taking a look into applying to the entire car. Any feedback is much appreciated.

http://ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/produ.../wheelcaliper/
http://ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/product-line/product/9h/
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click821 View Post
Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with this product and if so, what did you think? Is it worth using or was it disappointing? I was considering applying this to the wheels and calipers before taking a look into applying to the entire car. Any feedback is much appreciated.

http://ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/produ.../wheelcaliper/
http://ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/product-line/product/9h/
I have it on my car. 9h on the body and ceramic pro strong on the wheels.
I makes the cleaning process so much easier- I can detail my entire car in less than 10 minutes.

One of the biggest pros is that literally nothing sticks on the car - you can flick off bird poop with your finger without scratching the paint.

P.S: I use waterless car wash.
Appreciate 1
D CHOI580.00
      03-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
Click821
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_M2 View Post
I makes the cleaning process so much easier- I can detail my entire car in less than 10 minutes.

One of the biggest pros is that literally nothing sticks on the car - you can flick off bird poop with your finger without scratching the paint.

Thats great, thank you. I wasn't sure if it was one of those too good to be true things. Did you put it on yourself or should I consider having a detail shop put it on?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Coupe

I do not want to get into or start a "coating war" about which is the best, longest lasting, etc. All have pluses and minuses. IMHO when looking at the top names the prep work and skill of the installer is far more important than the "genie in the bottle." That said I have Ceramic Pro 9H (2 coats) and one coat of Ceramic Pro Light on the paint. Wheels and calipers received one coat. M2 went directly from dealer to have XPEL and Ceramic Pro installed, never washed or unwrapped by the dealer. The car was in a photo shoot with AW M2 last Friday and looked great. How will the coating hold up, who knows? I take meticulous care of my cars so should be a long time. Price is on the high side, I trust the installer, they are local, and that made the extra expense worth it to me. Others will tell you to look at CQuartz, Nanolex, Kamikaze, Gyeon and Gtechniq to name a few. My .02 is prep and installer skill combined with how well you care for the car after the install is far more important than what's in the bottle. There is no such thing as maintenance-free paint.

03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_M2 View Post

Thats great, thank you. I wasn't sure if it was one of those too good to be true things. Did you put it on yourself or should I consider having a detail shop put it on?
I'm not sure if you can do it yourself as I believe ceramic pro is available only through authorized shops. You get 5 years warranty if you go for 2 coats and lifetime warranty if you go 5(3 of 9h + 2 coats of light).
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 04:27 AM   #6
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

I am planning on doing Ceramic Pro 9h myself. I've done a decent amount of research and I find Ceramic Pro to be my favorite. They offer different packages and I'm gonna decide whether I want the silver or gold package.

To find a certified installer just use their get a quote link and someone will contact you within your area.

http://ceramicpro.com/freequote/
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3159.50
      03-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Second This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
I do not want to get into or start a "coating war" about which is the best, longest lasting, etc. All have pluses and minuses. IMHO when looking at the top names the prep work and skill of the installer is far more important than the "genie in the bottle." That said I have Ceramic Pro 9H (2 coats) and one coat of Ceramic Pro Light on the paint. Wheels and calipers received one coat. M2 went directly from dealer to have XPEL and Ceramic Pro installed, never washed or unwrapped by the dealer. The car was in a photo shoot with AW M2 last Friday and looked great. How will the coating hold up, who knows? I take meticulous care of my cars so should be a long time. Price is on the high side, I trust the installer, they are local, and that made the extra expense worth it to me. Others will tell you to look at CQuartz, Nanolex, Kamikaze, Gyeon and Gtechniq to name a few. My .02 is prep and installer skill combined with how well you care for the car after the install is far more important than what's in the bottle. There is no such thing as maintenance-free paint.

Find a great detailer that you trust and that has the experience and use that person to install a coating.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Click821
Private
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely do that. Your car looks amazing by the way. The black is so mean especially with that shine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #9
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely do that. Your car looks amazing by the way. The black is so mean especially with that shine.
Thank you and my pleasure. "The little ball of hate" is one mean looking car. Ceramic Pro has definitely made caring for BSM easier.
      03-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #10
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

I've watched a dozen videos on how to apply these coatings. I'm pretty anal about car/paint care and have a "clean" shop to apply. I see no reason why a competent individual with the required time on their hands can't do this themselves. Is there any skill / tools that are specific to this process that I've missed?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #11
Click821
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
I've watched a dozen videos on how to apply these coatings. I'm pretty anal about car/paint care and have a "clean" shop to apply. I see no reason why a competent individual with the required time on their hands can't do this themselves. Is there any skill / tools that are specific to this process that I've missed?
I think the main issue raised about this by MR_M2, was actually getting the product. Apparently its only available through certified shops. At a bare minimum, I would do the wheels on my own if possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #12
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
The only limit is that manufactures only offer certain products to professional installers. Some pro products require additional steps or equipment like heat lamps that make them inappropriate for the general public. Carpro and others make both professional only and non-professional products. I have done Cquartz on several cars and it isn't rocket science. It does take time to do proper surface preparation and to apply and remove it correctly. I have been impressed by Cquartz, I used Gyeon on my wheels and it worked great for a few months but isn't doing anything now so I will try Kamakazi next.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 06:18 AM   #13
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Kamakazi is what I had in mind. Apply once I get back from PCD. Looks pretty straightforward
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #14
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Pro Level Coatings

Quote:
You most definitely can apply an over the counter consumer level coating. The ones you cannot apply are the pro-level which usually come with a longer lifespan, and a more in-depth application.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #15
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I think the main differences between pro & consumer coatings are:

Pro:
* Often have warranties (so they require professional installation to ensure it isn't installation error that causes issues)
* Last longer
* May have faster flash times, i.e. the working time to apply, level and set the coating is shorter
* May require special curing steps, i.e. heat/IR lamps

So applying consumer level coatings is usually a bit easier with more room for error in levelling the coating.

I've applied coatings to my wheels and glass using the consumer products and been very impressed. I may consider applying a consumer coating on my paint when my car arrives but the reason I've not been drawn to it in the past is the whether coatings can then be layered with waxes and the like.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Your BSM M2 looks amazing. Nothing better than a clean black car.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #17
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
Your BSM M2 looks amazing. Nothing better than a clean black car.
Thanks, worth the effort in my book even if the perfection is fleeting.