Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

02-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

Buying M4 Seattle/Bellevue

Hey guys,

I currently have M4 vert in Dubai, which I have for around a year. I love the car, it comes fully loaded, etc.

I'm relocating to Seattle in April, due to US specification restrictions, i will not be able to ship my car, so I will be selling it and looking for buy the LCI with a possible EU delivery.

What is your experience with Bellevue/Seattle dealers? tips and tricks? I will probably get a fully loaded, very similar to what i have now. with individual interior.

I currently have a convertible, I used it around 5 months tops as it's super hot and humid most of the year here. it's the other way around in Seattle where it rains a lot. any one with a convertible there. what's your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
Venere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Vert in Seattle?

Uh....don't leave the top down when you park it for dinner and a movie.
Appreciate 1
Tobes95.00
      02-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #3
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venere View Post
Uh....don't leave the top down when you park it for dinner and a movie.
i wouldn't do that anywhere really
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
There's a forum for purchase discussions, it's the Pricing, Ordering, and European Delivery forum. Mods will probably move this thread to that forum.

You'll find more answers there.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
Howard_R
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Sakhir Orange M4

The Seattle dealership is much better than the Bellevue dealership - they also have a much bigger allocation than Bellevue and better customer service. The Bellevue dealership basically could care less, but the Seattle one was much more customer oriented. I ordered an M4 a little while ago, and then regretted not getting the full leather. This was after the car was in production. They canceled the order and were able to get another allocation almost right away. Since the first car had not shipped, they were probably able to swap it with another dealership. They didn't really want to be stuck with another manual transmission car so I was really happy that they were able to switch the order.
Verts are great in the PNW - summers are gorgeous for top down cruising. My M4 is just going to be a fun daily driver - my track car/weekend car is Shelby cobra replica - no roof - not even a ragtop and I've got 20k miles on it over the past 4 years.
Appreciate 1
F831355.50
      02-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #6
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_R View Post
The Seattle dealership is much better than the Bellevue dealership - they also have a much bigger allocation than Bellevue and better customer service. The Bellevue dealership basically could care less, but the Seattle one was much more customer oriented. I ordered an M4 a little while ago, and then regretted not getting the full leather. This was after the car was in production. They canceled the order and were able to get another allocation almost right away. Since the first car had not shipped, they were probably able to swap it with another dealership. They didn't really want to be stuck with another manual transmission car so I was really happy that they were able to switch the order.
Verts are great in the PNW - summers are gorgeous for top down cruising. My M4 is just going to be a fun daily driver - my track car/weekend car is Shelby cobra replica - no roof - not even a ragtop and I've got 20k miles on it over the past 4 years.
Thanks for the details. Surely will visit the Seattle dealer. Of course I had to google PNW ?. Gotta a lot of catching up
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

I have noticed a number of M3/M4 owners in the a Seattle/Portland area buying their cars from Forum Sponsors in California and having them trucked to the PNW, which leads me to believe those PNW Dealer's pricing is not very good.

With an ED and then shipping to PNW, does not seem like a big deal to shop for best price.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #8
BickUW89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E60 550i ZSP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
I have noticed a number of M3/M4 owners in the a Seattle/Portland area buying their cars from Forum Sponsors in California and having them trucked to the PNW, which leads me to believe those PNW Dealer's pricing is not very good.

With an ED and then shipping to PNW, does not seem like a big deal to shop for best price.
Roger that. I've bought my last three BMWs through Jim Mannheimber in Salem, OR. Straight shooter, easy to work with, an ace with the ED paperwork. It's an easy 4-hour drive to Seattle once your car is redelivered. I just take an Amtrak train and relax on the way down, then have 4 fun hours reuniting with my Teutonic steed.

The Bellevue dealership is pretty inflexible. They have Microsoft's campus just around the corner, so they are used to dealing with clients with lots of money to spend. The shop is pretty OK for service, though.The Seattle dealership is flooded with Amazon, Facebook, and other startup money. Generally, though, you're unlikely to get a screaming deal from either Seattle or Bellevue.

Buy through one of the board sponsors. My boy Mannheimer in Salem is the closest to Seattle, and you can do everything by email. The sponsor in SoCal are really good, too, but that's an 1,100-mile drive/shipping charge once you get the car over to the States.

Retired: 2016 F82 M4, 2008 E60 550i, 2000 E39 540i
Appreciate 1
F831355.50
      02-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #9
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickUW89 View Post
The Bellevue dealership is pretty inflexible. They have Microsoft's campus just around the corner, so they are used to dealing with clients with lots of money to spend.

The Seattle dealership is flooded with Amazon, Facebook, and other startup money. Generally, though, you're unlikely to get a screaming deal from either Seattle or Bellevue.
That explanation certainly makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #10
SeatownF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90, 958

BMW of Bellevue, along with Porsche, Audi, Mercedes and couple others have been bought out by Autonation a few years back so you will most likely have a hard time negotiating. I'd go to the one in Seattle.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 04:37 AM   #11
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickUW89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post

Roger that. I've bought my last three BMWs through Jim Mannheimber in Salem, OR. Straight shooter, easy to work with, an ace with the ED paperwork. It's an easy 4-hour drive to Seattle once your car is redelivered. I just take an Amtrak train and relax on the way down, then have 4 fun hours reuniting with my Teutonic steed.

The Bellevue dealership is pretty inflexible. They have Microsoft's campus just around the corner, so they are used to dealing with clients with lots of money to spend. The shop is pretty OK for service, though.The Seattle dealership is flooded with Amazon, Facebook, and other startup money. Generally, though, you're unlikely to get a screaming deal from either Seattle or Bellevue.

Buy through one of the board sponsors. My boy Mannheimer in Salem is the closest to Seattle, and you can do everything by email. The sponsor in SoCal are really good, too, but that's an 1,100-mile drive/shipping charge once you get the car over to the States.
I'm with Microsoft ?, that doesn't mean I have lot of cash just floating, I wish ?. But I completely understand what you mean. The dealer here in Dubai was pretty inflexible as well. It took me 8 months wait time to get individual interior color. 2 months to convince them it can be done.

Looks like Seattle dealer is a winner so far. Also might consider other dealers for sure.

Is there a place I can find the best dealers based on members experience ?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
ktc
Private
Rep
Drives: blue beast

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
I bought my M3 from Seattle in December. Big props for Kevin Shi. No pressure sale, I test drove like 4 times before signing.
      02-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #13
ktc
Private
Rep
Drives: blue beast

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Btw they might have an incentive for large businesses e.g. Microsoft...
      02-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #14
Shanh81
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 & 2016 F15

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
BMW Bellevue has a program with Microsoft but I am sure Seattle would match. BMW Seattle has a nice program for Amazon employees
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #15
ItsaGoose
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 6MT M4

Bought my European Delivery M4 from David Pad at Portland BMW. Seattle, Bellevue, and Northwest BMW had zero deals. Got a great deal from David. He was easy to deal with and knowledgeable!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #16
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaGoose View Post
Bought my European Delivery M4 from David Pad at Portland BMW. Seattle, Bellevue, and Northwest BMW had zero deals. Got a great deal from David. He was easy to deal with and knowledgeable!
I will second David. He's awesome. Beat both Seattle and Bellevue when I got mine. Also got my wife a deal on an X5.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #17
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post
I will second David. He's awesome. Beat both Seattle and Bellevue when I got mine. Also got my wife a deal on an X5.
One thing I don't quite understand yet is why would the invoice price be lower than the MSRP on BMWUSA.com?! I have seen a number of members sharing their base price and lower invoice price. does that differ from one dealer to another.

I'm mainly using the online configuration to find out how much would the lease cost. would it normally be less or more?!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #18
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafimahmoud View Post
One thing I don't quite understand yet is why would the invoice price be lower than the MSRP on BMWUSA.com?! I have seen a number of members sharing their base price and lower invoice price. does that differ from one dealer to another.

I'm mainly using the online configuration to find out how much would the lease cost. would it normally be less or more?!
Invoice is supposed to be what dealer pays. MSRP is the sticker price. When leasing the numbers can change quite a bit from month to month. Best thing to do is do a build online and submit to different dealers. Then go from there. It worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #19
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
I bought my Euro delivery M3 from BMW of Seattle in May of last year. MSRP on the car was $85,000. I paid $73,000. So they definitely deal. Just gotta talk to the right person.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #20
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
I bought my Euro delivery M3 from BMW of Seattle in May of last year. MSRP on the car was $85,000. I paid $73,000. So they definitely deal. Just gotta talk to the right person.
Wow, that is a good deal. But I think you get 5% already off once you do the EU delivery, right?!

Another question, how much does the EU cost, to request, setup?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #21
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, that is a good deal. But I think you get 5% already off once you do the EU delivery, right?!

Correct, European delivery is cheaper. I don't think it's quite 5% though.

It doesn't cost anything to order the car for European Delivery. You do have to pay for the trip over out of pocket but there are no additional costs tacked on to the order.

If you lease the car, your money factor is slightly higher because bmw makes a payment for you while the car is shipped here. It all evens out though. European delivery was an awesome experience and well worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #22
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Correct, European delivery is cheaper. I don't think it's quite 5% though.

It doesn't cost anything to order the car for European Delivery. You do have to pay for the trip over out of pocket but there are no additional costs tacked on to the order.

If you lease the car, your money factor is slightly higher because bmw makes a payment for you while the car is shipped here. It all evens out though. European delivery was an awesome experience and well worth the wait.
I really wanted to do the whole EU last year when I got my car but BMW Dubai had no idea how to do it and basically told me it would cost a lot to do. They never do EU deliveries.

I don't mind spending the whatever I save on the trip. Again, as you rightly mentioned. It's not about saving. The experience is worth it.

MF and other terminologies still new to me. I'm trying to understand. One challenge with leasing will be my credit history. Which I don't have right now. But I was told, working for a big tech company might help. Not sure how true that is, will find out soon ?.

I built the same car I have now on the website, its around 93K. With estimated lease of 1200 something. I'm taking these numbers are reference points.

Will definitely connect with you to get more tips after I arrive.
Appreciate 0