BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Alpine B5 G31 in RHD? Scott...please??

01-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
Beemer323
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 330i, e39 530i ESS e61 M5.

Alpine B5 G31 in RHD? Scott...please??

Very important, simple question...really need to know!!

I would be travelling from Australia to Germany to order, to proceed with a personal import when available...

Its difficult to explain the extent of the planning I will need to be doing as it's complicated to get a personal import into Australia.

Many thanks if you have any insight!!

Regards, Douglas.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer323 View Post
Very important, simple question...really need to know!!

I would be travelling from Australia to Germany to order, to proceed with a personal import when available...

Its difficult to explain the extent of the planning I will need to be doing as it's complicated to get a personal import into Australia.

Many thanks if you have any insight!!

Regards, Douglas.
I am not familiar with the Australian market. Do you have Alpina models imported? Do you already receive the F10/F11 B5 models in Australia?
If the answers are yes? Then you can probably look forward to the B5 to continue to be offered.
      01-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #3
Beemer323
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 330i, e39 530i ESS e61 M5.

Thank you for your reply kind Sir.

More so, I was inquiring if the G31 B5 is looking to be produced in RHD as I read somewhere that Alpina UK is possibly considering not selling it there? I was not sure if the 550iX/B5(X?) is unable to be produced in RHD Touring due to the design...as I'm not aware yet if the Alpina models will be confined to all wheel drive!

Thanks again, I appreciate all the information you have been providing the BMW community over the many years I have been following your posts

Regards, Douglas

*In Australia, Alpina models JUST began being imported but only the 3/4 series. And only through a private group, not BMW Australia. I contacted them but was not provided a definite response or direction.

Last edited by Beemer323; 01-21-2017 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 06:00 AM   #4
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer323 View Post
Thank you for your reply kind Sir.

More so, I was inquiring if the G31 B5 is looking to be produced in RHD as I read somewhere that Alpina UK is possibly considering not selling it there? I was not sure if the 550iX/B5(X?) is unable to be produced in RHD Touring due to the design...as I'm not aware yet if the Alpina models will be confined to all wheel drive!

Thanks again, I appreciate all the information you have been providing the BMW community over the many years I have been following your posts

Regards, Douglas

*In Australia, Alpina models JUST began being imported but only the 3/4 series. And only through a private group, not BMW Australia. I contacted them but was not provided a definite response or direction.
If they are privately imported? Then they probably won't have any update until the B5 announcement which is expected for the Geneva Auto Show.
Again I am not sure about the UK market, I think they do offer the B5 models there and again I am not definite if it is just the Diesels?