THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Anyone running m3 lcas or camber plates in winter?

01-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Anyone running m3 lcas or camber plates in winter?

Currently in 2016 228i RWD. I run 16 inch X-ice 3s. My God the grip is great. I thought I'd be struggling in a lighter RWD but it seems the opposite. Even off the line I've leaped ahead of 328 xDrives. To be fair those those 328s were hobbled not by their drive system but their drivers who a) chose tonka truck plastic run flats and b) were more concerned with their cell phone rather than driving. Not much xdrive can do to fix those problems. If you live in the GTA and get rear ended by either a white or grey F30, woman driver, wide screen cell phone, probably the same geniuses I encountered.

I now want to fix the front camber issue before my PSS die an early death come Apr/May. Is anyone running camber plates or the M3 lcas mod (which I believe would call for at least 17s). I can't see adding a degree or two of camber killing front grip but have no experience.

Anyone care to share?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

Added camber will NOT kill grip; it does the exact opposite in that it'll add front end grip. Go for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
Added camber will NOT kill grip; it does the exact opposite in that it'll add front end grip. Go for it.
Thanks. Now I'm wondering about wheel sizes. Not a problem with camber plates but curious about the lcas mod. The 16-inch X-Ice 3 I run look like donuts but with a 60 profile, you'd have to try hard to curb a wheel.
Appreciate 0