BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Preview: The all new BMW 5 Series (G30) - Driving Assistance Systems...

09-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Preview: The all new BMW 5 Series (G30) - Driving Assistance Systems...

Appreciate 2
      09-27-2016, 04:12 AM   #2
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

I don't understand this, "the ultimate driving machine" is bombing us with teasers about useless gadgets as a highlight of the car, while not a single mention of great driving dynamic, sport soul or something similar...
Deeply worrying, maybe they are really loosing their focus.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
Bruno112
Private First Class
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 530d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
I don't understand this, "the ultimate driving machine" is bombing us with teasers about useless gadgets as a highlight of the car, while not a single mention of great driving dynamic, sport soul or something similar...
Deeply worrying, maybe they are really loosing their focus.
Beacuse more people buying 5 series to have car for normal driving.
BMW had whole marketing and economist experts who know what they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 09:35 PM   #4
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno112 View Post
Beacuse more people buying 5 series to have car for normal driving.
BMW had whole marketing and economist experts who know what they are doing.
I agree. The 5-series is more of a luxury cruiser these days. The 3/4 series, on par in size with the E39 5-series, are the performance oriented siblings.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      10-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #5
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

I get the feeling that the cars coming out from the BMW now, all models except the i line are just clearing the pipelines of cars planned in another era. They seem unfocused, bland and boring in all aspects for an innovative and dynamic company like BMW. The elephant in the room is Tesla. Where I live you now see them everywhere Model S and Model X and they make EVERY other brand and all cars either seem outdated, smelly, clunky or all of them and hopelessly lost in the past. I.e the latest cars as the G30 are now uninspiring filler cars until BMW can catch up and surpass Tesla and be prepared when Google and Apple comes to the table not to become the Kodak of car manufacturers by holding on to the past too long when a new era arrives.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I get the feeling that the cars coming out from the BMW now, all models except the i line are just clearing the pipelines of cars planned in another era. They seem unfocused, bland and boring in all aspects for an innovative and dynamic company like BMW. The elephant in the room is Tesla. Where I live you now see them everywhere Model S and Model X and they make EVERY other brand and all cars either seem outdated, smelly, clunky or all of them and hopelessly lost in the past. I.e the latest cars as the G30 are now uninspiring filler cars until BMW can catch up and surpass Tesla and be prepared when Google and Apple comes to the table not to become the Kodak of car manufacturers by holding on to the past too long when a new era arrives.
Google is not going to make a car.

Apple most likely well and should make a car once their house cleaning is done. I think Apple went down the wrong path in hiring automotive expert to lead the car development. There is nothing that automotive expert can bring to the table for Silicon Valley.

The automotive industry is filled with dinosaurs. Making a powerful and fun to drive EV with excellent user experience will be much easier for Apple to achieve.
      10-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

Love this feature!
Appreciate 0