BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > New care procedures

08-12-2016, 03:11 AM   #1
J.M
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 DCT BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
New care procedures

What did you do to your new cars when you first got them? Is a decontamination followed by waxing enough?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Moura View Post
What did you do to your new cars when you first got them? Is a decontamination followed by waxing enough?
Detailers Domain has a post on new car prep that might be helpful. I plan on doing a good wash, then surface decontamination with clay bar then polish with a mild Rupes polish to maximize the shine, I am hoping I won't have any swirls to deal with but I will remove any if there are any. I will then get Xpel on the front and then finally do quartz UK on the entire car and then a coating on the wheels so I have pretty extensive plans to protect my car and maximize the finish. I have asked the dealer to not touch it when it comes in, they run cars through a car wash so I don't want anything to do with that.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #3
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Detailers Domain has a post on new car prep that might be helpful. I plan on doing a good wash, then surface decontamination with clay bar then polish with a mild Rupes polish to maximize the shine, I am hoping I won't have any swirls to deal with but I will remove any if there are any. I will then get Xpel on the front and then finally do quartz UK on the entire car and then a coating on the wheels so I have pretty extensive plans to protect my car and maximize the finish. I have asked the dealer to not touch it when it comes in, they run cars through a car wash so I don't want anything to do with that.
I instructed my dealer the same, told them to leave all plastic delivery materials on the car as well so I can drive it directly to get new car prepped and Expel.
Appreciate 1
Y148.00
      08-19-2016, 02:57 AM   #4
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

I've got mine lined up for a Gyeon Q2 Quartz MOHS package about a week after collection at my detailers'.
I'm hoping this will sort me out for the forthcoming Winter
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #5
winterrogue_F87
Queen of Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW 228xi  [0.00]
Small world! But me and BD_F87 got our M2s from the same dealer and at different times dropped off to exclusive vinyl in Bellmore, NY. I got full nose xpel, and ceramic pro paint on the rest of the car. I delivered it within 24 hours of owning the car. However the dealer did detail it for me which I didn't care since I was going to exclusive vinyl the next day after work.
Attached Images