THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Request for help

06-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
artinz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: m235i

Request for help

Hi guys,

I am experiencing this issue with my shifter during deceleration on my 2016 m235i MT. I posted the details in this thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257730

After bringing it to my local dealer, I did a test drive with two M technicians to show how to reproduce this problem and they confirmed that it seemed irregular.

They changed my transmission fluid which did not solve the problem. They drove my car to BMW Canada and test drove with a technician there. The technician from BMW Canada indicated that in order to confirm there's an actual problem, they need to test drive a "comparable" vehicle, i.e. 6MT m235.

As of right now, my case is at a standstill because apparently BMW Canada does not have any manual vehicles and only one BMW dealer has a manual which and they are forcing my dealer to purchase the vehicle as they won't let them test drive it.

All the signs are pointing to a transmission problem from my perspective.

I know this is an odd request and a lot to ask, however, I'm wondering if there are any M235 6MT owners in the local GTA that would be willing to help confirm this is an actual issue? If possible, maybe meet me at my dealer and do a test drive with the technician so they can get a confirmation there's a transmission issue (or some other issue) with my vehicle and get the go ahead to get it changed.

Otherwise, I worry that this will never get resolved and I'm going to end up with transmission issue down the road once it's out of warranty. In the meantime, I'm also trying to escalate this myself through BMW Canada.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 01:51 AM   #2
siwo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i RWD 6MT

Garage List
After I break in my engine, I may test my M235i RWD 6MT and see if I experience anything of that matter. Right now I'm at about 750km so just another few weeks and I'll get to finally hoon my bimmer.
2004 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
1993 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:28 PM   #3
artinz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: m235i

Grats on the new ride!

and thanks, it would really help to know if it's normal behavior or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

May sure its written down on paper (dealer work order) that you have a concern with the tranny.
Appreciate 0