F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Perillo Collision Center?
Studio RSR

06-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
dkirsch78
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition Package

Perillo Collision Center?

Does anyone have any experience with body/paintwork at the Perillo Collision Center in Chicago? If so would love to hear your experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #2
bmwmike89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, f10 m5

Stay away!!! Auto art is by far the best I've dealt with. Otherwise A & Lady in Paletine.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
dkirsch78
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Is there anything specifically bad about Perillo? I was actually thinking of going to Patrick in Schaumburg bc they're one of 2 BMW certified collision shops in the area.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #4
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Try A&L auto body in Palatine. The owner is also co-owner of IND just down the road from there. They know what they're doing
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
Arash007ir
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Sport

Stay away! Took my car for a tire replacement, and they ruined 2 of my brand new wheels even though only 1 tire needed to be replaced!

After a heated argument, I had them repaint it! The work was so crap they offered to repaint it again. Being tired of a week and a half going back and forth to Perillo, picked up the car for second time with a mediocre paint job. I think it's been a year now and the paint has peeled off all around the center caps.

If I remember correctly they used to work with Gold Coast Auto Body, and apparently they are quite good at what they do. But now Perillo's got its own bodyshop.

But then again, I can only judge by my own experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 01:17 PM   #6
Andy74
Rep
Drives: 2006 Acura TL, 6sp

I'd stay away from Perillo, but I only have one bad experience (10 years ago), but that's all it takes. I had a break in, side (door shell) was smashed with a big rock, widow broken, glass inside damaged leather.

Perillo didn't replace any sheetmetal, they repair it. Their repair looked like crap, any untrained eye could tell there was due to "wavy" sheet metal when looking at angle. Also, there was a lot of trim pieces around windows that they "forgot" to re-install.

Overall a very bad experience. A&L is the shop of choice ever since.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
dkirsch78
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I stayed away. Ended up going to Patrick in Schaumburg because their collision shop is BMW certified. My experience was a mixed bag. The paint looked great but the clear was full of fish eyes and they tried to pass it off as a completed job. Ended up having to bring the car back out for them to fix, which took another 7 days. They also lost my original valve cap on the tire and replaced it with something that neither matches nor fits properly. Would not go back there.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
dkirsch78
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I recently used Perillo Collision for some bumper paint work (had to - I purchased a protection plan from Perillo BMW when I bought the car), and I want to share my experience with you all. The short version is I found out the hard way - do not ever use this shop.

My mistake might have been asking for a detail since I was dropping the car off anyway, and was going to be out of town for several days. I dropped it off directly at their Green St location on a Monday. A week later when I went to pick up my car, I noticed 8-9 chips in the paint on the left side of the trunk lid and left quarter panel. Perillo immediately claimed the damage was there when I dropped off the car. I can say with certainty it was not. After some discussion, they informed me that they had HD cameras set up in the service area, and they would likely have pictures of my car when I drove it in. I thought that was going to work in my favor since I was sure there was no damage to that area prior to bringing it in.

A couple days later, I call the rep I was dealing with and he tells me the pictures showed that the damage was there before. So I ask him to send me the pictures, and 10 minutes later he calls back and says he was mistaken - the pictures were actually inconclusive, and they were going to go ahead and repair the damage. I never did so those pictures - inconclusive my ass. Three days later, I picked up the car, and although they did repair the trunk and quarter panel damage, they somehow managed to scrape the leather on the left side of my M steering wheel, left all sorts of dust and dirt in the car, and left two surface scratches (one on each side of the car) that I can only hope will buff out.

I have no idea what the hell they do over there, but hopefully this story, along with all the other "stay away" comments on this thread will help someone out in the future. Trust me - the hard way is not the best way.
Appreciate 0