THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Thinking of jumping into a 2 from a 3 - HELP

05-26-2016, 12:52 AM   #1
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Thinking of jumping into a 2 from a 3 - HELP

I'm on my second 3 (an F30, RWD 320i, Auto, Sport, etc). It's a great car but now I'm being told if I want another one (I'm in a 3 year lease ending this year), it needs to be xDrive. Well, that's not what I drive now, so why would I buy a car with an option I don't want?

I have driven both the 328 and 320 xDrive and they're fine but there is something lacking in those cars. They just seem so . . . plain. The 2 on the other hand seems a lot more like my first BMW (an e46). There's just a better driving dynamic. And I also read the 2 is more reliable as well. I've driven the 228 xDrive and, while not so partial to xDrive, I still thought it was a better drive than my 320. Well, i guess the extra 60HP kind of helped too.

So, a RWD 2 could be my next car but it seems I'm getting the 'squeeze' from the dealer. No 2's in stock. Factory order. Discount? I either get the "Oh, you're crazy" look or "Hello Mr. Money Bags. Discounts are for suckers"
Is any dealer in the GTA RWD friendly? I wouldn't mind getting a decent discount. It's not like I'm buying an M2.

I'm imagining with snows on the 2 is fine on snowy roads, not that we get many these days. It's a lighter car with a shorter wheel base so I wonder if it's a bit harder to drive in winter. Not so worried about me but my wife isn't so much a 'dynamic' driver.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
I'm on my second 3 (an F30, RWD 320i, Auto, Sport, etc). It's a great car but now I'm being told if I want another one (I'm in a 3 year lease ending this year), it needs to be xDrive. Well, that's not what I drive now, so why would I buy a car with an option I don't want?

I have driven both the 328 and 320 xDrive and they're fine but there is something lacking in those cars. They just seem so . . . plain. The 2 on the other hand seems a lot more like my first BMW (an e46). There's just a better driving dynamic. And I also read the 2 is more reliable as well. I've driven the 228 xDrive and, while not so partial to xDrive, I still thought it was a better drive than my 320. Well, i guess the extra 60HP kind of helped too.

So, a RWD 2 could be my next car but it seems I'm getting the 'squeeze' from the dealer. No 2's in stock. Factory order. Discount? I either get the "Oh, you're crazy" look or "Hello Mr. Money Bags. Discounts are for suckers"
Is any dealer in the GTA RWD friendly? I wouldn't mind getting a decent discount. It's not like I'm buying an M2.

I'm imagining with snows on the 2 is fine on snowy roads, not that we get many these days. It's a lighter car with a shorter wheel base so I wonder if it's a bit harder to drive in winter. Not so worried about me but my wife isn't so much a 'dynamic' driver.

Thanks.
Call Roy Milley at Endras BMW in Ajax. You won't find a better or more helpful Client Advisor.
I've bought my last 4 BMWs through Roy and always get a very decent discount.

Endras BMW is also rated #1 in customer satisfaction by DealerRater in the GTA:
http://www.dealerrater.ca/directory/.../?Distance=100

http://www.endrasbmw.com/?gclick=1&g...FQwxaQodoBACLg

Last edited by bimmerfile; 05-26-2016 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
eclipes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i Msport

If you're switching dealers or buying from another place with no previous history. Discount is going to be minimal and this applies to all GTA dealers.

If you want a proper discount and better choice selection, you need to shop outside of GTA. Its going to be a bit more work and not as convenient but it will be worth it. I shopped all around and ended getting the best deal at Performance BMW in st.catherines. it was far and i had to bus there to pick up the car but the deal and service was definitely a different level compared to GTA.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Try Nathan at Pfaff in Mississauga. I'm on my 7th BMW with them and they're always willing to listen to reasonable offers
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 01:35 AM   #5
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipes View Post
If you're switching dealers or buying from another place with no previous history. Discount is going to be minimal and this applies to all GTA dealers.

If you want a proper discount and better choice selection, you need to shop outside of GTA. Its going to be a bit more work and not as convenient but it will be worth it. I shopped all around and ended getting the best deal at Performance BMW in st.catherines. it was far and i had to bus there to pick up the car but the deal and service was definitely a different level compared to GTA.
I think you're right about switching dealers but I did get 'stolen' from one dealer to another with the right car and can't refuse discount.

Interesting you mentioned outside GTA. I spoke to Bruce at St. Catherines and Philippe at Sarnia. You know, I have to say the experience was quite good. Both seemed interested in getting me the car I wanted. Philippe had offered some numbers and some ideas but then I started looking at the 2017 and started wonder . . .well . . the 230 is so close . . .

Would I ditch my current dealer for $2-300? No. I like that dealership. For $500+, well, it's a lot harder to say no.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #6
eclipes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i Msport

Bruce at Performance BMW was who i dealt with. they would take a short video showing the car you're interested, absolutely shocked on my end. GTA dealer are more "take or leave it attitude"

Discount is definitely higher than 200-300$. Mine was in the thousands with all standard dealership cash grab fees waived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
I think you're right about switching dealers but I did get 'stolen' from one dealer to another with the right car and can't refuse discount.

Interesting you mentioned outside GTA. I spoke to Bruce at St. Catherines and Philippe at Sarnia. You know, I have to say the experience was quite good. Both seemed interested in getting me the car I wanted. Philippe had offered some numbers and some ideas but then I started looking at the 2017 and started wonder . . .well . . the 230 is so close . . .

Would I ditch my current dealer for $2-300? No. I like that dealership. For $500+, well, it's a lot harder to say no.
Appreciate 0