E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > FIRST EVER review of e92lightining's RGB bluetooth/APP angel eyes for Pre Lci!!

05-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #1
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i

FIRST EVER review of e92lightining's RGB bluetooth/APP angel eyes for Pre Lci!!

This might be a long one so buckle up, and here it goes. Ill get to the review after a little backround to my situation.

So i drive a 2006 pre lci 330i. A few months ago one of my stock angel eyes died out so I started looking for a replacement. I googled and searched the forum for weeks reading opinions reviews , anything i could find. I even posted myself asking what the best option was for a PRE LCI and got 2 recurring answers.
Alot of people suggested LUX. The only set they had for pre lci were white and the steep price made me hesitate. I understand that I'd be getting great quality product but i just couldn't see me spending that money for a simple white color upgrade. I liked their amber bulbs but they weren't for pre lci, they said they could make them custom for me which i thought is great of them, but again was a bit pricy. so i searched on knowing that was an option.
The second suggested thing was cheap ebay white ones for $20 to $50. For that price they would probably last me 6 months, didn't seem like a better alternative and i knew i could expect subpar brightness.

This is where I came across e92 lighting. I had seen their rgb angel eyes a while ago, before i was even interested in upgrading and i though they were interesting. I looked for reviews on them everywhere, and i mean everywhere. I couldn't even find a single review of a similar product for an e90. Any reviews i had seen on the forum on other e92 lighting experiences weren't really positive as far as communication and that made me worried. After thinking about it i loved the idea of the product. RGB angel eyes with an phone app? That sounds sweet. Some might say ricer, but one of the color options is white, which is what im rolling with half the time and i could give it an orange look to make it look amber so i though why spend the same amount of money for one color lux product might be slightly brighter when i can get every color of the rainbow, with these! now i dont plan on riding around with red rings but its an option if id like a cool picture or just parked at a car show. I like to use an amber color, close to red, over the past week i drove by and behind about 5 cops and havent had a single issue.
So, i contacted the seller e92 lighting and contrary to what i have read i got a quick response and had every question answered. I felt confident in the seller so i decided to buy a pair, and be the first to review them for the forum as an option and for anyone else in a similar situation that wants an angel eye option/alternative.

FINALLY ON TO THE REVIEW!!!

So, there aren't any install instructions but thats becuase its a pretty simple install, everything hooks up all good.
Just note, since they are rgb they come with little moduels or ballasts, all of that will not fit in the stock AE chamber so i just moved the wires to the side, pushed the cover on, and taped the module to the inside of the bumper.

THE APP: the app is really cool. Once the lights are connected through bluetooth you have full control. There is a built in user guide in the app to help you learn how to use it. Its really quite simple. The color wheel allows for any color. Ill include pics. If you wanna role with white, there is an option for that , if for some reason you want stock yellow you can do that as well. You can also play a song and the lights will change color with it. Just use it responsibly, not on any public roads. Once you turn your car off, when you come back and turn on your AE they stay the last color you left them, so you dont even need to use the app if you dont want. You can set them, and leave them.

The colors are nice and vivid, you can change their brightness as well. Ill include pics. No flickering white taking pics at all. All pics below were taken in the afternoon.
Overall these are the best alternatives for me. Might not be as bright as lux but these give you awesome options you cant get elsewhere and are definitely better than stock. pre lci doesnt have many options and for this price, these are in my opinion the best AE avaliable. Fully customizable and very clean.
Im very satisfied with the product and would recommend these to anyone wanting a custom look.

If you have any questions let me know and ill do my best to answer.
Also thanks to e92lighting for being so helpful!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

thanks for the amazing review and plenty of pics! our DTEC RGBS with smartphone controlled app offers the ultimate end user experience as we wanted to have our clients to be able to choose any color they desire, amber DTECS will be completed by end week

it is inclusive of all BMWS
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
dspence44
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 328i 6MT

Great Timing!

Front Left Angel Eye just went out, now I'm thinking I might go this route! Thanks for the review on the product. Just hope they last! Found some Lux Angel Eyes on sale and it's a tough toss up between the two!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 03:40 AM   #4
Cory S
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i-X

Oh lord......
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #5
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
loving these
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I bet the cops love it. Great mod for all you hard parkers out there.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #7
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 335i Mperformance

Did you order some Orange Chicken to go with that Rice?
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #8
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep

YES! Dude! I put on all black clothes and a fake security hat i bought off of alibaba , and I drive with one light red and the other blue, and drive behind people and blast police siren sounds through my speakers with my winders down and pull them over. ITS SOOOOO FUN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I bet the cops love it. Great mod for all you hard parkers out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #9
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
loving these
They look great. I drive around with the amber most of the time
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
Did you order some Orange Chicken to go with that Rice?
HAHAHAHAHAH good o.... Oh wait, that joke is older than my grandpops.
Still a pat on the back for you. Sorry if i get soy sauce on your nice lacoste polo
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #11
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspence44 View Post
Front Left Angel Eye just went out, now I'm thinking I might go this route! Thanks for the review on the product. Just hope they last! Found some Lux Angel Eyes on sale and it's a tough toss up between the two!
I really like them for the time i have had them. Idk about longevity because its only been about 2 weeks. Tbh i put them on amber and never really touch the app unless its like for a pic or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 09:09 AM   #12
dspence44
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I've got a set of these that came in the mail, but they are from AfterPartz. I am assuming they have the same system with the module and everything and I am wondering how I will be able to mount them. Ideally you want everything in the housing, but that will not be possible due to the size of the module and whatnot. Also, there is only one wifi module for both lights, so do you have to mount the wifi module somewhere central on the car and run the wires from there to the LED bulbs in the housing?

If you would be able to give me some steps to work with I would really appreciate it! Want to get these installed on my E92 tonight! :thump:

Thank you!
      05-31-2016, 03:07 PM   #13
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've got a set of these that came in the mail, but they are from AfterPartz. I am assuming they have the same system with the module and everything and I am wondering how I will be able to mount them. Ideally you want everything in the housing, but that will not be possible due to the size of the module and whatnot. Also, there is only one wifi module for both lights, so do you have to mount the wifi module somewhere central on the car and run the wires from there to the LED bulbs in the housing?

If you would be able to give me some steps to work with I would really appreciate it! Want to get these installed on my E92 tonight! :thump:

Thank you!
we have plenty of installation guides online already none of our DTEC RGBS require any extra cutting or splicing, which is the best part, its different setups however
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 03:30 PM   #14
dspence44
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
we have plenty of installation guides online already none of our DTEC RGBS require any extra cutting or splicing, which is the best part, its different setups however
Thanks for the reply! I've got 2 questions for you.. Where do you recommend that we mount the Wifi module? Since both wires running to the LED bulbs come from the wifi module, it must be mounted somewhere central('ish) on the car. And Second, I've got one piece that is simply a cable on it's own where it looks like there is a resistor or ballast on it. Where does this plug into? I have attached a video to show the pieces that I have to work with.

[u2b]https://youtu.be/MSp9U40JdSY[/u2b]
      05-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #15
dspence44
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

The piece in question is at 32 seconds. Or does this piece connect into the second light plugin? I guess when you plug the wifi module into one of the halo light sockets, that will power both lights, and so you need something to plug the other light with? Does that make sense?
      06-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #16
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The piece in question is at 32 seconds. Or does this piece connect into the second light plugin? I guess when you plug the wifi module into one of the halo light sockets, that will power both lights, and so you need something to plug the other light with? Does that make sense?
Hmm. I actually have no idea what that piece is. For the ones i got, there were modules on both lights. When i connect them through bluetooth they connect separately as individual lightd and then while im in the app im able to group them to control them together

And yes. All that stuff wont fit in stock housing so i taped it to the side of the bumper
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
MadeInPhilly
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 318is, E90 335i, 03 GTI

I think the technology and app sound cool. Maybe if you're going to a car show but to me those colors look way too tacky and ricerish. It just screams hey I'm a young bimmer owner. like the old days of the under car neon lights lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #18
335iAP
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 & F26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInPhilly View Post
I think the technology and app sound cool. Maybe if you're going to a car show but to me those colors look way too tacky and ricerish. It just screams hey I'm a young bimmer owner. like the old days of the under car neon lights lol.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #19
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInPhilly View Post
Yea i mentioned that in the post. I always have them set to white.im not driving around with some colored angel eyes. But anytime i go to a meet or show, i have a fun little trick and i ended up playing less than i would have for lux. Its a win for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #20
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerclad View Post
Yea i mentioned that in the post. I always have them set to white.im not driving around with some colored angel eyes. But anytime i go to a meet or show, i have a fun little trick and i ended up playing less than i would have for lux. Its a win for me.
+1. we wanted our clients to have every function possible, instead of just plain white, white leds are basically everywhere these days, a simple "1" or "0" so we went ahead and designed all colors for true RGB, and each bulb acts and functions as the separate controller enabler, so basically separate funtions for many color choices in addition to a music controller via bluetooth app as well
Appreciate 0