BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-14-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
WhiteTitan
Rep
Drives: 750i

Order placed for 7i...

My current 7 has Integrated Active Steering, and I was unable to find a car with it, without the Autobahn Package. I believe that if you have owned a car with IAS, a 7 without it feels like a significantly larger car. So I'm hooked on it.

In addition, I have the "upgraded" HK in my current 7, heard the HK in the new model and the B&W, and that became an easy decision. BMW just can't seem to get the stereo right in these cars, and the B&W is a step in the right direction.

Sports Pkg, no brainer--car looks better with it.

While I have experienced uncertainness in the rear wheel drive at times when the car is unable grip the pavement during the occasional harsh acceleration, I don't feel the need to acquire the x-drive and the additional weight, potentially more problematic in the years to come, and we rarely see snow. Further, BMW's not known well for this feature, unlike Audi.

I will admit, the runflats are a disappointment. The car can and will drive better without them, I'm certain. Upon their demise they will be replaced with non-runflats.

No TV's this time, as the kids rarely watch them. I-pads will have to serve them for their entertainment needs. I also found myself reaching for the top of the screen when trying to exit the back seat, so I worry that some of the less agile characters I ferry on occasion may use it as an exit handle.

It is code 112 for ordering currently, and I'm not certain of the build week yet, but at least I am getting exactly what I want, and nothing more or less. I found no dealer across the country had a car with the options I desired; either more or significantly less.

My last 7 was an ED, so this may not be as exciting, it will be fun nonetheless.

Let the process begin...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

We have a lot in common haha! My last 7 was ED as well, and I'm currently in a G12 ordered in mid January of this year, and delivered in early April.

I agree with your assessment of IAS as well. Once you've had it on a car as long as the 7, there's no going back. It makes the car feel much smaller than it actually is.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #3
WhiteTitan
Rep

Bry, I was really hoping to do without the feature, given the improvements in the car's suspension and torque. However, it was woefully obvious with even just a lane change at 30 mph. The car is superior in handling with the option, at speed and city driving. IF you don't know, you don't know. Beautiful car, btw. I was conflicted on the Mocha and Cognac interiors--I chose Cognac. A little orangie, but I'll manage.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
WhiteTitan
Rep

2016 build...

Exterior:
Mineral White Metallic
Shadowline Trim
20" M Light alloy Double-Spoke Bi-Color wheels

Interior:
Cognac Nappa Leather