E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Low Idle

04-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
bowser
New-ish Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Montego Blue

Low Idle

Hello all,

I was hoping to get some insight from the community on a strange issue I've been having recently. I just replaced the plugs and coils on my 2007 e92 335i 6MT with about 103k miles. I believe the coils were original, but I bought the car used with about 80k miles so I can't be 100% sure.
The installation was as simple as could be, except for one strange issue I'm having now.
The car seems to want to idle extremely low at about ~500RPM or lower as opposed to the ~750 before I swapped plugs and coils.
If this were just a low idle, I wouldn't care but the car will occasionally miss fire even after the engine is warmed up.
I've done a bit of research on the issue and it seems like it is a pretty common one that is usually solved with a throttle body adaptation reset. I've done this procedure with seemingly no results.
The car has no problem with miss fires while driving; even if I'm in too high of a gear and I floor it, acceleration is smooth with no hiccups.
Thanks in advance for any input
Appreciate 0