BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-22-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

Delivery Stop on 750i xDrive

Hello,

I am new to BMW and to this forum. I was going to pull the trigger on a 750i xDrive in the past weekend at the dealership but was told, right before signing the contract, the car that I was interested has a newly issued Delivery Stop on Electronic Control Unit for Air Bags (B65 11 16?). I put down a deposit and was provided with a similar 7 series as a loaner. The dealership said they will know more about the timeline and the fix later this week.

Needless to say it was disappointing since I was looking forward to pick up the car on the same day. Although I do understand this is a new model year for the 7 series and there are a lot of new gadgets to play with, it still doesn't feel good about the quality given the bad timing of the Delivery Stop. I don't think this will change my mind on getting the 7 series since I like the ride of the loaner car.

Question to this forum members is does anyone aware or be impacted by the issue as described in the Delivery Stop? Do you know whether it is a software or mechanical fix? Is there a way to find out more about this issue from the BMW support site? I did a search and didn't come up anything.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep

Just came across this link - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=903319
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu View Post
But the source says vehicles produced from July 7, 2015 to December 11, 2015 are affected. So I'm guessing this only applies to vehicles currently sitting at dealerships that were produced within that window.

For example, I ordered a G12 in January 2016, and it went into production on the 15th of February 2016, so I'm assuming it'll be delivered to me when it arrives Stateside (due to arrive in a week).

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 05:10 AM   #4
speeddeacon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 750i xDrive

Garage List
I too have this issue. We purchased a G12 yesterday (3/23) but cannot take delivery until BMW releases a fix. My advisor says it is a software flash (like the 4 series convertible) and not a full replacement, but they have not received the program and don't know when it will for certain.

We were not offered s loaner, however.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddeacon View Post
I too have this issue. We purchased a G12 yesterday (3/23) but cannot take delivery until BMW releases a fix. My advisor says it is a software flash (like the 4 series convertible) and not a full replacement, but they have not received the program and don't know when it will for certain.

We were not offered s loaner, however.
The critical question is -- when was your car manufactured? Did you attempt to buy from dealer stock, or did you order the car?

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep

@speeddeacon, by "purchased" I assume you have completed the transaction. I wonder were you told about the Delivery Stop beforehand by your advisor and still decided to go forward with the transaction? In a way I am glad my dealership didn't wait until the paperwork is done to tell me that otherwise it would have made it a lot worse.

@TheBry, given the production date of your car is outside the affected date range, I am sure it will not be impacted. Good luck on your delivery. Please share pictures.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 07:58 AM   #7
speeddeacon
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu
@speeddeacon, by "purchased" I assume you have completed the transaction. I wonder were you told about the Delivery Stop beforehand by your advisor and still decided to go forward with the transaction? In a way I am glad my dealership didn't wait until the paperwork is done to tell me that otherwise it would have made it a lot worse.

@TheBry, given the production date of your car is outside the affected date range, I am sure it will not be impacted. Good luck on your delivery. Please share pictures.
Yes he told me about it beforehand, will complete the paperwork once the car is released by BMWNA. I live three hours away from the dealer and they will be delivering the car to me and picking up our 3 series in trade. Only downside, besides the wait, is questionable tech education versus the BMW dealership genius.

My car was in stock and was manufactured in December, so it is in the recall time fame. It was pretty much exactly what we wanted so no need to order (wouldn't have ordered Black alcantara headliner or LED sunroof).
      03-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #8
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddeacon View Post
Yes he told me about it beforehand, will complete the paperwork once the car is released by BMWNA. I live three hours away from the dealer and they will be delivering the car to me and picking up our 3 series in trade. Only downside, besides the wait, is questionable tech education versus the BMW dealership genius.

My car was in stock and was manufactured in December, so it is in the recall time fame. It was pretty much exactly what we wanted so no need to order (wouldn't have ordered Black alcantara headliner or LED sunroof).
Thanks for the confirmation speeddeacon.

My dealership had a car that was "pretty much" what I wanted, but I decided "pretty much" didn't cut it, so I ordered from the factory to get "exactly" what I wanted. Was lamenting that, given this long wait for delivery, but am now glad I avoided the airbag software snafu. My 750i is arriving at the Southern California port tomorrow morning. It'll be offloaded tomorrow, then I have to wait another agonizing week or so for it to go through customs, pre-delivery check, then highway shipping to Northern California to my dealership. The process of tracking it every step of the way has been fun, but it's been a l-o-n-g wait.

Thanks again for letting me know, and please do share pics of your car once delivered. These new 7s are spectacular!

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #9
speeddeacon
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
Thanks for the confirmation speeddeacon.

My dealership had a car that was "pretty much" what I wanted, but I decided "pretty much" didn't cut it, so I ordered from the factory to get "exactly" what I wanted. Was lamenting that, given this long wait for delivery, but am now glad I avoided the airbag software snafu. My 750i is arriving at the Southern California port tomorrow morning. It'll be offloaded tomorrow, then I have to wait another agonizing week or so for it to go through customs, pre-delivery check, then highway shipping to Northern California to my dealership. The process of tracking it every step of the way has been fun, but it's been a l-o-n-g wait.

Thanks again for letting me know, and please do share pics of your car once delivered. These new 7s are spectacular!
You have a spectacular build TheBry, I have enjoyed watching your delivery thread. We have custom ordered several of our cars in the past, but this car comes so well equipped we didn't feel the need. As I mentioned, it has more than we wanted for a change. Other than the increased space, we didn't feel the need to further appoint the rear seat passengers so that pretty much meant B&W or no B&W. Honestly, I'd much rather have paid for the B&W than an alcantara headliner and LEDs on the sunroof, but that being the only quibble didn't make me want to wait. Another dealer had one with the B&W but it also had the LED and Anthracite as well plus the Rear comfort and 20's and the interior was Cognac instead of Canberra, which neither my wife or I like at all. It was 10k more as a result. I could live with 20's but not Cognac.

You would think if cars manufactured more recently didn't have the software issue, BMW could easily release the flash to dealers, but for some reason that has not been the case.
      03-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #10
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep

I spoke with my dealership yesterday and BMW has not released the fix yet or provided any timeline. I have decided to go with another car with similar color, trim and (more) options. It is on its way to the US and not subject to the Delivery Stop. It should arrive to my dealership in first week of April. Hope this turns out to be a better scenario for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #11
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu View Post
I spoke with my dealership yesterday and BMW has not released the fix yet or provided any timeline. I have decided to go with another car with similar color, trim and (more) options. It is on its way to the US and not subject to the Delivery Stop. It should arrive to my dealership in first week of April. Hope this turns out to be a better scenario for me.
So glad this is going to work out for you mamafufu. My car is due to arrive at my dealership during the first week of April as well. I wonder if we were on the same ship (the Aniara). Are you on the East Coast or West Coast?

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #12
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep

I am on the East Coast. Ship name is MANON and it is scheduled to arrive NY/NJ on 3/31. I am looking at end of the week (4/9) to allow time for VPC, transit, and dealer prep. It seems like you will get yours before I get mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #13
speeddeacon
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Congrats mamfufu, still deciding what to do myself. I did find another car that I like, but it is also on Stop sale so doesn't help me any. Too bad I don't like black or gray, sigh.