THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

03-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
robman23
Private
Rep
Drives: M235

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

I'm looking at a rear diffuser from RW Carbon. I bought their CF mirror caps and I'm happy with the fit and quality. Anyone have experience with them (I did read the thread on the mirror cap problem).
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
gtmax500
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M235xi

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
I have the CF front lip, rear spoiler, mirror caps, and steering wheel insert since about November/December. I won't comment on the mirror caps but the rear spoiler so far is great and has good fitment as well as the steering wheel insert. The front lip looks great but I'd give the fitment a 7/10. I had to use a ton of 3M tape and it still doesn't sit flush on the top parts. Since I've only had the parts for a couple months I cannot comment on the durability and how they hold up after months/years (I also read that mirror cap thread). Just my 2 cents.

I'm interested in a rear diffuser as well so I'll be following this thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
EternalVendetta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i 6MT / '19 Model 3 SR

I have the RW CF rear diffuser - see two pics below (sorry that the pics don't show it off too well):

It took quite a bit of effort to get the diffuser on my car, as several of the tabs on the diffuser did not line up properly with the associated slits in the car: I had to sand them (1-2 had to be sanded quite significantly) just to get the diffuser in.

Now that it's in, it looks fine. I definitely like it more than the stock diffuser, and it does complement my CF rear spoiler and mirror caps; it doesn't pop quite as much as I thought it would though, and I can't really recommend it overall given my experience installing it onto my car.

If I could do it again, I'd probably try to get in on a group buy for an Autoplus rear diffuser; that's something to consider if you're open to other options.
M Perf. Black Grilles | CF Mirror Caps, Rear Spoiler, Rear Diffuser | Lightweight Front Lip Spoiler | M Perf. Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
robman23
Private
Rep

Thanks EternalVendetta. That's a great looking car. The fit on the diffuser looks good too.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
robman23
Private
Rep

Update - I just installed the rear diffuser from RW Carbon. Couple of things: The install was ok. The bottom screw tabs matched very well. The top notches did not fit very well and needed considerable grinding. The top of the the diffuser (when you look down from the bumper) has considerable marring and will need to be sanded down and clear coated.
Install 7 out of 10.
Quality of the CF overlay 7.5 out of 10. I think it ok for the price. The car looks much better than stock.
Appreciate 0