F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > OEM style retrofit reverse camera
GetBMWParts

03-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport

OEM style retrofit reverse camera

I just fitted a reverse camera to a 2012 F30 which has a retrofit NBT, it works totally like the BMW OEM unit with the dynamic lines and warning graphics.

The picture isn't as good quality as the original part but for £150 you cannot complain

Installation was far easier than I expected (I was really worried) but it was really easy and took about 2 hours - I got someone to code it for me though.

1. Remove boot lid strut covers (2 clips then slid down and off watching for clip at head which keeps cover up)
2. Remove boot lining (5-6 clips which are all visible plus remove triangle bracket).
3. Remove original handle (hardest part of whole job) you have to remove part of the original handle and fit it onto the replacement handle to hold the boot switch in place.
4. Fit new handle and run cable so follows lighting down to battery compartment
5. Remove RHS rear passenger shoulder rest (lifts up and out) and pass cable through from battery compartment
6. Lift up seat and remove trim along passenger door side (1 fixing to be removed and then lift straight up, there will be 4No concealed fixings)
7. I then fed the cable between the column and the carpet without removing the trim towards the drivers door.
8. remove driver door trim (pulls straight up and has 4 concealed fixings) and run cable between it and carpet up behind door weather seal to dash.
9. Remove trim between dash and door seals, feed cable in and run behind dash to NBT.
10. Fit harness (must be Car - Emulator - Camera - NBT or Car - Camera - NBT)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
IllLojik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: //'12 F30 328i\\

Nice job! Can't wait to fit one to my 2012
      03-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport

There are 3 kits on the market and being a scrooge I got the cheapest on ebay

The manufacturer is Can2Cam and as a bad reverser it should save me more than it costs in insurance and spray paint.....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
IllLojik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: //'12 F30 328i\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by peikko View Post
There are 3 kits on the market and being a scrooge I got the cheapest on ebay

The manufacturer is Can2Cam and as a bad reverser it should save me more than it costs in insurance and spray paint.....
Dammit. Car must have PDC for most of these applications. Which I do not have.
      04-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
palmerl0222
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport X-Drive

Garage List
Hi, which Emulator/Camera are you using and where did you buy it from? interested in doing the same, i can code it just need the parts.
Appreciate 0