E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > sports suspension settings?

03-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
asha
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d coupe

sports suspension settings?

Hi all I have a quick question maybe a little dumb..maybe not. ?!
I have a 2007 335d se which I believe has the same suspension setup as an m sport model correct? I did a vin check a while ago which brought up my spec and extra that's came with the car..see below ..but my question is does this mean that somehow I can adjust the settings to maybe a stiffer set up as it is rather dull and sluggish like a boat if you get me ...my dad has the same car and his is standard but seems a stiffer ride.! Just wanted to clarify before I get some lowering springs to stiffing it up a bit. ..or would you recommend coilovers ? But it is a family car and don't want it rock-hard like my scooby lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by asha View Post
Hi all I have a quick question maybe a little dumb..maybe not. ?!
I have a 2007 335d se which I believe has the same suspension setup as an m sport model correct? I did a vin check a while ago which brought up my spec and extra that's came with the car..see below ..but my question is does this mean that somehow I can adjust the settings to maybe a stiffer set up as it is rather dull and sluggish like a boat if you get me ...my dad has the same car and his is standard but seems a stiffer ride.! Just wanted to clarify before I get some lowering springs to stiffing it up a bit. ..or would you recommend coilovers ? But it is a family car and don't want it rock-hard like my scooby lol
It appears you have the 226 sport suspension and your father has 704 M-sport suspension. From memory there was a difference in early models and then all 'sport' suspensions were the 704 M-sport option. (But stand to be corrected).

You can't 'adjust' the suspension, you'll need new uprated hardware. either OEM, or aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #3
asha
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok thanks for that maybe a mistake on my part when purchasing..should of gone newer lol
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:21 AM   #4
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I had the EXACT same experience and questions as you did. Get yourself a Bilstein B12 Pro Kit, like I did.

Sorted it all out - much more composed, better handling and tighter. Reduced the wallow and roll significantly. Although be warned, it will probably highlight other handling parts that you will want to change, subsequently (toe arms etc).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
asha
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Seems like I had no other option but to go down the coilover route so invested in a set of bc's
Appreciate 0