F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New injectors
ARMA SPEED

02-24-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
Ilovemycar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 428I MSport, %E2%80%9818 5

New injectors

So over the last month or so, my car had been doing 2 strange things:
1. Rough idle especially when cold. The RPMs were very low and the car felt like it was about to stall. And
2. It has a strange stutter around 2700-3300 RPM where the car felt like it was misfiring. No check engine light or drivetrain malfunction.

I thought it wasn't anything serious. I had read some posts here where people experience similar symptoms when the temperature would get colder. I checked all the intercooler charge tubes and I ran an injection cleaner but both problems persisted. So I decided to take the car to the dealer to get it checked out.

To my surprise, the service advisor called me to tell that they had found a couple things that were causing these issues. All 4 injectors were leaking and not properly atomizing the fuel spray. They removed the spark plugs and saw that all 4 plugs were fouled indicating improper mixture. They checked my fuel pump and pressure and it was all good. So all 4 injectors and 4 spark plugs were replaced. Then they performed a "smoke test" on the intake side and found that the intake manifold had a leak. The intake manifold gasket was replaced. My car only has 14,000 miles.

I just got the car back today and man, what a difference. It's sooooo smooth now. I wonder if anyone has had this occur.
Appreciate 0